How To Get Setanta Sports On Comcast Cable

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by jimsig, Oct 9, 2008.

1. jimsig

jimsig Active Member

I saw this on EPLtalk.com and wanted to post it here:

http://www.epltalk.com/how-to-get-setan ... cable/3404

"If you’re a Comcast Cable customer and you want Setanta Sports, the time to act is now.

I just spoke with a source inside Comcast Cable who confirmed that their head office in Philadelphia has signed a contract with Setanta Sports so that local Comcast Cable companies have the green light to add the 24/7 soccer network.

Comcast will likely debut Setanta Sports in three of their local markets first: Illinois, New England and the Bay Area. BUT these regional MSOs (multiple system operators) are dragging their feet and will be unlikely to add Setanta anytime soon unless they hear from you, the Comcast customers.

Here’s how to get Setanta Sports on Comcast Cable:

Whether you live in Illinois, New England, the Bay Area, or any other part of the country, you need to let Comcast know that you want your Setanta Sports. The more voices and e-mails they receive, the more likely they’ll add Setanta Sports sooner rather than later.

To find the contact information for your local Comcast Cable provider, visit the Cable Provider Locator tool ( http://linux11744.dn.net/setanta/cablesearch.html ) and enter your zip code. The locator tool also includes pre-written e-mails to send to your local provider. But if you have a choice between making a phone call or sending an e-mail, a phone call will always be more convincing.

Sometimes the only way to get things done is to take action. If you want Setanta Sports, get your soccer friends to call and e-mail Comcast and spread the word.
    "

Of course I don't have Comcast so it does not help me directly. My town has 3 cable providers to choose from, so if it is added it may put some pressure on my company to add it.

2. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

I switched from Comcast to DirectTV so I could get Setanta (and ESPNU).

Too little, too late on Comcast's part.

3. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

That's false. You won't be put through to their (or any provider's) marketing dept via phone. Your email on the other hand will make it to them.

4. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Judging from my experiences with Time Warner.. that is 100% Correct-o-Mundo.
    I did get through, by subterfuge, to TW local marketing/sales but I suspect it was simply dismissed as a 'crank call'.

You're actually better off insisting the people you get to on the phone put your opinion in 'Customer Account Comments'. That is, if the provider has any decent software to mine those comments.

5. stlouisbrad

stlouisbrad Well-Known Member

I sadly have Charter here is St. Louis, and they are useless. I'd switch to DirectTV, but my landlord has a a no dish thing in the lease. Oh well, I do enjoy hitting the bar at 9 A.M. to watch the games.

6. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

They don't for all intents. There's a way to code these things, but for something as low volume as subs requesting Setanta, ain't happening. Sticking to the email is your best bet.