Here come the Americans!

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by bearzfan4lfe, Jan 15, 2008.

1. bearzfan4lfe

bearzfan4lfe New Member

Johnson has left the U.S. national team’s training camp in Carson, Calif., for England, apparently to negotiate a contract with Fulham of the Premier League. The Kansas City Star

Fulham captain Brian McBride has returned to training after being sidelined five months with a knee injury...He could play for Fulham's reserve team as part of his rehabilitation, with the second string's next match at home to Reading on Jan. 22. Associated Press

Recent news suggests that Fulham may have their largest group of American players that they, or possibly any European club, has ever seen.

In a 'what if' situation...what if McBride and Eddie Johnson are both with the club and healthy...what does everyone think our starting XI will look like?

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

If Brian's able to go 90 under your scenario, I'd like to see him and Johnson for a half and him and Healy for a half.

I don't want to rain on anybody's parade, but I've been on record here for about a year saying that he's not EPL quality -- YET. I'm not convinced of his heart either.

Having said that, if RH thinks he can hack it, I'm not gonna argue with the young manager [only Pettyfog and I can call him that!].

3. EricD

EricD New Member

It just seems like EJ has all the tools, but there is something holding him back. When is this guy going to step up and play to his potential? It would be nice for it to happen for FFC, but I am not that optimistic at this point. He is going to have to really step up his game.