Guide to Watching Soccer on your PC

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by Kickflip89, Aug 5, 2007.

1. Kickflip89

Kickflip89 New Member

Since it seems like a lot of people don't know about this, there are a variety of peer to peer programs that allow you to watch soccer matches on your PC, in varying degrees of quality, for free.

Basically, all you need is a decent internet connection, the correct peer to peer program, and a schedule of sorts.

You can get all of that stuff at the following website:

http://www.myp2p.eu

They have tons of soccer matches available each day as well as links to various players you may wish to use. I'd go with TVants, Sopcast, and / or TVU player, personally.

2. nmancini04

nmancini04 New Member

I just downloaded sopcast and I'm a little overwhelmed. Where can I see what football matches will be playing and how do I access them? i.e. how can I watch the Fulham match tomorrow?

Addendum: When I try to view the schedule, I see lists of channels as opposed to events, and when I click on weekly schedule, I get the schedule for March 12-18 (doesn't help me much) and there's no option to view other weeks.

Please help a Faulknerian idiot man-child (me).

3. Lyle

Lyle New Member

On sopcast you need to get all the channels listed in a drop down window and look under sports. Just navigate around for sports.

Games will be on espn, starsports, and all the different chinese channels. myp2p should link directly to the sopcast channel once you have sopcast downloaded.

4. quickdraw

quickdraw New Member

There is no news on myp2p about the Fulham - Boro match. And there isn't much info in the forums either.

5. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

6. psand22

psand22 Member

I just checked it out at the link above and it has the game listed, but with a maybe written beside it. I guess we'll have to have our fingers crossed and check back around kickoff today.

7. Lyle

Lyle New Member

Portsmouth is winning on Sentanta broadband. Utaka had an awesome deep run goal. Fast bastard.

Bolton digging deep into relegation maybe. Woohoo.

8. nmancini04

nmancini04 New Member

Thanks guys. I'm still feeling a bit at sea with this thing, but those links definitely help, 'fog.

Thanks to all. And if the match ends up being available and someone spots it, make sure to give a shout!

9. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Well, I would certainly be surprised if this last for very much longer. But I intend on enjoying viewing matches while I can.

10. brewtownffc

brewtownffc New Member

I downloaded the sopcast stuff on IE and when I go back to the p2p page and click the sopcast link for the game it's saying the channel is offline. Is that a problem everyone has had or did I do something wrong? This is my first time using this so I'm obviously a bit lost.

Thanks for any help!

11. quickdraw

quickdraw New Member

I've tried using TVants and Sopcast a hand full of times, but my buffering seems to be slow at best. I'm curious if my using a wireless router has anything to do with it.

Anyone who has ever used a router knows all about portforwarding and all that jazz. So I guess I'll try using Sopcast with my laptop jacked in straight to the modem.

12. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

13. Lyle

Lyle New Member

Sometimes the channels are temporarily offline, i.e., there's no feed at the time.

14. Lyle

Lyle New Member

I get my internet from a wireless router as well and Sopcast works fine. Some of the feeds buffer better than others though.