Greetings from the USNISC

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by Megax, Nov 29, 2007.

1. Megax

Megax New Member

Hi - my name is Alan, I'm co-founder of the U.S. Northern Ireland Supporters Club - a club for those Northern Irish fans residing here in the U.S. (www.USNISC.com)

A fellow club member directed me to your site which I've been browsing for the past couple of hours now - it's a great website.

Anyway, with having 4 members of the NI team on your current squad, Fulham is an obvious choice to lend our support to. I was in Spain last week at NI's final Euro 08 qualification match and saw dozens of Fulham tops amongst the NI fans throughout the week.

I look forward to popping back onto the site and reading your match reports each week. Thankfully Fulham are getting a decent amount of coverage on FSC this year. Mid-table is not a bad achievement thus far, considering your most valuable assets (IMO) are still on the sidelines.

Good luck for the rest of the season!

Alan
    Charlotte, NC

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Hey Alan,

Welcome aboard! I know that most of us here have really taken a liking to the NI contingent in the squad -- especially Hughes and Healy. Keep lurking, and don't be afraid to jump into the conversation any time you feel froggy.

Forgive my ignorance, but what's the NI squad's nickname? What do you chant when Healy is putting three past England, for instance?

3. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Hi Alan

Thanks for dropping by. I'm sure most of us would love to hear more stories and background about the NI guys on Fulham.

4. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

Welcome Alan! Hope to hear more from you in the future.

Also, are you the same guy who occasionally calls in on WSD? If yes, I've been looking for your website for a long time. So thanks for posting it!

5. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Welcome Alan! There has been a lot of support for Northern Ireland from Fulham supporters and vice versa Northern Ireland supporters cheering for Fulham.

That is a nice site you there. Very well laid out and nicely done. If there is anything we can help you with, please let us know.

Cheers!
    Tom

6. Megax

Megax New Member

Well, Healy's never put 3 past England (just most other nations) but you are probably referring to "Green and White Army" - which gets about 300 renditions per game.

No - that ain't me, mate - I don't even know what WSD is....haha

Thanks for the warm welcome, guys.......now lemme see if I can find the latest "Baird Out!" thread 8)

7. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Welcome Alan, would have loved to see the Green and White Army make it to the finals, I'm sure the lads would give anything to have the away game to Latvia back (0-1 loss on Baird's og). Speaking of which since you've followed him a lot longer than any of us, what do you think of Baird? do NI fans think he should be playing cb?

8. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

maybe we should start a FulhamNI website too! :)

Welcome Alan...love Steve Davis!!! what other good Northern Ireland players are out there that would help our squad?

9. Megax

Megax New Member

Since he is a cb, i think he's getting a raw deal at Fulham by being introduced to the fans at rb....it'd be like putting Healy at center-mid and complaining about his tackling. But if Lawrie feels as though he's the best person to put at rb right now then so be it - didn't he have 2 'off the line' last week? Baird is facing a similar problem with NI - after Sir David, Aaron Hughes is the first name down on the team sheet and our other center-back, Craigan (Motherwell) was actually voted our 'player of the campaign' - putting Baird out of position yet again. With such limited resources in NI, I guess it's a nice problem to be faced with.

As for Davis, his loss of form this season is baffling....everyone thought Martin O'Neill was mad for selling him.....perhaps now the internationals are out of the way he can get a breather and regain his past form.

10. Megax

Megax New Member

Could do worse than sign Jonny Evans (20) from MUFC - or even his younger brother, Cory, also with MUFC.

Kyle Lafferty is being touted a lot, too, with Rangers and Celtic allegedly about to swoop for the Burnley forward. IMO he's not Premiership quality yet though - hopefully he'll turn out to be another B McBride.

11. Archie

Archie New Member

Hey welcome Alan, Norn Iron fan here too.

12. Megax

Megax New Member

Hi Archie - check your PM's.....