Good News

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by DawgTheDon, Sep 30, 2009.

1. DawgTheDon

DawgTheDon New Member

Got some good news today from the doctor. I've been diagnosed with "Fatty Liver". The cirrhosis damage to my liver can be halted & the damage can be reversed by sticking with my current diet (lost 8 pounds in 3 weeks).

I do have to get blood work & an ultrasound done every 6 months to monitor the progress since there is still a remote chance that cirrhosis now can cause cancer later, but the news today was the best possible news I could get out of this.

Thanks for all the kind words & thoughts.

Jason

2. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

Play more soccer!! ;-)

Good news and glad to hear it. Let us know once you have achieved "skinny liver"!

3. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

Glad to hear it Jason. :banana:

4. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Always glad to hear that something can be reversed. Good luck and stick to the diet Jason

5. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

That IS good news, Jason. Stay with the regimen and keep a positive attitude. Here's hoping that in a little while the only disease you'll have is Fulham Football Club addiction.

6. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Fan-TASTIC!

That is good news. Keep it up!

7. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

I echo all of the above sentiments, good to hear.

8. BarryP

BarryP New Member

Jason,

For what it is worth, my oldest son was diagnosed with fatty liver disease several years ago. We have adjusted his diet, limited him to diet colas when he gets one and encourage him to walk every day and his condition has been stable in the years since the diagnosis. Best of luck to you.

9. DawgTheDon

DawgTheDon New Member

Thanks everyone. This whole ordeal has been a bit scary but I've had some strong people around me to help me out. I've always been a big guy ever since I played high school football. The weight you can handle at 17/18 is different than what you can handle at 34. (I don't look it per say, but I'm 6'0"-300 pounds).

I'm going to work at this and get healthy. I got a newborn daughter I would like to see grow up :)

I have my bad days and good days (I also have Spinal Stinosis), but I always try to stay positive. My obsession with sport, especially soccer, helps believe it or not. When I watch soccer, the stress is gone and controlling my stress helps with my other issues. Even when Fulham are "Fulhamish", I still find enjoyment.

10. MisfitKid

MisfitKid New Member

Wonderful news, Dawg!! :banana:

Watching Fulham reduces your stress...? :wink:

11. DawgTheDon

DawgTheDon New Member

haha..yeah. I mean I get mad, but just being able to sit in the United States and watch my favorite club in the world play 5000 miles away is just something I hold dear. When I first started following Fulham, that wasn't the case. I had to wait on tapes to arrive from England from my girlfriend (eventual wife).