Gentleman Jim

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by RDG, Feb 2, 2005.

1. RDG

RDG Member

I would like to send condolences to Gentleman Jim on the death of his father.

Win, lose or draw, he has always made the matches sound exciting.

Sadly, I couldn't catch his comments on the match or even the Clark goal, as someone at the office decided that was the perfect moment to start asking me stupid questions. Allegedly, it was priceless.

2. NJGlen

NJGlen New Member

Rudi..I just left the office with a bad cold and came home to watch the goals on Fulham TV and yes, Jim's delight at Clark's goal was pricesless. Made me smile when I really don't feel like it.

3. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I will admit that it was priceless. Jim was talking about his father and his influence on him being a Fulham fan and such. It was as almost as though Jim's dad but the ball in the back of the net from up above.

Jim is a big part of Fulham for fans here in the US. Due to the fact that we cannot go to matches that often, more times than not, Jim is our lifeline to the action on matchdays. Fulham would not be the same without Jim!

My condolences and prayers are with Jim and his family.

4. RDG

RDG Member

Thanks.

GJ is definitely a big part of being an FFC fan here in the USA. It's nice to hear someone biased FOR Fulham, yet he will tell off the team when they aren't doing well.

Feel better soon, Glen (take: zinc, vitamin C, beta carotene, vitamin E & selenium!)

5. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Re: RE: Gentleman Jim

My condolences also go out to Jim and his family. His reaction was superbly priceless and jumped out of my chair after the Clark goal. I was smiling, ear to ear. Good for Jim, he deserved it.

Or Glen, have a few beers and some tylenol...oh, and absinth will also help.

6. NJGlen

NJGlen New Member

RE: Re: RE: Gentleman Jim

I just drunk some absinth, painted a master piece and then cut off my ear. Thanks for the advice. I'm off to sell my painting.

7. cdubbs

cdubbs New Member

RE: Re: RE: Gentleman Jim

Yes Jim and his family are in my thoughts and prayers. Hearing his excitement and happiness during that goal was beautiful.