Future Fulham Fan Scores Scorcher!

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by ChicagoFan, Nov 13, 2006.

1. ChicagoFan

ChicagoFan New Member

Just thought I'd share some personal news, as it is (sort of) Fulham-related.

My 4-year-old daughter, proudly wearing her very-oversized Fulham jersey practically to her knees, and playing against mostly 5-year-old boys and girls in a preschool-age game, rocketed a scorcher from 20 yards out for 3-2 win on Saturday!!! The goal just came out of nowhere! She just turned away from a huge cluster of players in the center of the field, and BAM! She uncorked a line-drive rocket that blasted the right corner of the net! :banana:

I don't know how many of you have ever watched a match between 4 and 5 year-olds, but it's freakin' hilarious! Generally, wherever the ball goes, so goes virtually every player. It's sort of a herd game, but absolutely a riot to watch. What made it even funnier was that after a ton of rain on Friday, all the kids were covered in mud after about 10 minutes, and seemed to be enjoying jumping in the mud more than actually playing. I've never laughed longer in my life.

Anyway, here's hoping she contributes to her daddy's early retirement by becoming the first female star in the Premiership in 2021 -- for Fulham, of course! :D :D

2. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Hahaha, I've seen my nieces and nephews in such "battles"! It reminds me of the way fish/birds follow the leader except for, in this case, the leader is the ball!

Glad to hear she did well and, of utmost importance, she did it with a Fulham jersey on.

Here's to your early retirement!

3. RDG

RDG Member

Ah, yes, "bee league" games, so called because it looks like a swarm going after the ball! (Now that I think of it, kinda reminds me of how FFC sometimes plays, with more than one man going for the ball and it winding up with the other team's player.)

Your daughter seems to have done very well. I doubt I could even KICK a ball 20 yards, much less point it towards the net.
    :D

4. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Except at other end where the GK is watching airplanes and the CB is picking daisies or watching ants.

Not to diminish your daughter's achievements... but she just hasnt learned that it's hard to do, yet.

Proof: Hand a 3-4 yo kid a wiffle bat and toss the ball to him. I'd bet 8 of 10 see no difficulty in hitting the ball... it''s only after dad gives him a 'few tips'.