FulhamUSA Player Sponsorship - PART 2

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by americanmike, Sep 19, 2006.

?

What other player would you want FulhamUSA to Sponsor?

Poll closed Sep 26, 2006.
  1. Ian Pearce

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Claus Jensen

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Michael Brown

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Antti Niemi

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Liam Rosenior

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Carlos Bocanegra

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Bjorn Runstrom

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

So...

Lets say we had the interest to sponsor yet another Fulham player...

And lets say there were a few good first teamers left to choose from...

What player would you like us to sponsor, IF, we could make it happen? And Why?

Ian Pearce
    Claus Jensen
    Michael Brown
    Antti Niemi
    Liam Rosenior
    Carlos Bocanegra
    Bjorn Runstrom

2. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Los, because to not would be a huge slap in his face.

I understand it would also be a great gesture to sponsor a non-American, but with the way Boca is playing now and his great attitude, let's give our guy our support.

I am extremely pumped that we are considering this. Let's keep showing our support as best we can. COYW!!!

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Okay, lesson learned; don't vote until after you actually submit your comments!

Carlos is the choice. He's one of us ... a FulhAmerican. I wear Brian's jersey; my wife wears Bocanegra's. I think she likes his looks. Go figure.

4. americanmike

I would like to give my personal choices in order but want to keep the 'mystery' intact for now but I will say Boca is not my first choice...I have my reasons. ;)

5. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

What's the mystery? Come on, please tell us. 8)

Also, you didn't offer the choice of no more player sponsors. But if I had to choose I would choose in this order; Bjorn, Niemi, or Rosenior.

6. martin

martin New Member

Boca!

7. RDG

RDG Member

Re: RE: FulhamUSA Player Sponsorship - PART 2

Personally, I think it would be "mundane" if you told us!!

:3d smile:

8. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

RE: Re: RE: FulhamUSA Player Sponsorship - PART 2

Boy, this is a tough one.... this IS FulhamUSA and it seems that NOT sponsoring Carlos, who is probably the 2nd motivator for many on here to adopt the team, WOULD be an insult. I'm sure he gets why Brian is first choice.. a second choice, would be harder to explain.

But if the site is to be considered a part of the Fulham community, how can we just make the 'homer' decision.
    Mike, aaarrrggghhhhhh!

9. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Because we are homers. If we picked a guy just because we liked him or admired his play, and we couldn't pick Boca, I guess I'd pick Volzy.

We are part of the larger community, but each part has its own agenda, and ours is our guys. Yes, I'd rather see Fulham in Europe than see Brian and Boca have great years, but as long as we're talking about who's on the squad, those are the guys I'm willing to pay out to sponsor.

10. SCFulhamFan

SCFulhamFan Active Member

I agree and disagree. True we support FulhamUSA/Fulhamericans and true we also support Fulham FC well. Carlos has stepped up, but I voted for Runstrom to support the young lads up and coming! I believe this should be a hot topic for all! :3d footy:

11. DCDave

DCDave Member

I voted before reading the posted coments, and I voted for Bjorn, because he has potential to be a star, and it's good to get in on the ground floor.

However, I see where it would be a huge slap to Carlos to not sponsor him. If Mike's mystery alleviates that concer, then I go back to Bjorn.

12. americanmike

I am willing to sponsor anyone of our players simply based on the fact that they are ALL Fulham but like Pettyfog, I didn't just want to resort Boca just based on the 'American' factor.

I'm Fulham with or without American players but I do support them a bit more sometimes just based on them being from the US of A. If in the end we sponsor Boca then so be it!! :)

13. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Don't forget that based on his sense of humor [and discounting the whole Hasselhoff thing] Moritz is one of us at least in spirit.

I also like the idea of supporting the fringe players -- the ones we picked up this summer and the ones we've been nurturing for a while. Is it possible for us to sponsor some sort of something for the youngsters as a whole?

14. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

What happens if we sponsor Boca and he is transferred in the Jan. window?

15. americanmike

Re: RE: Re: RE: FulhamUSA Player Sponsorship - PART 2

Our sponsorship would automatically be switched over to a player of our choice whom is unsponsored. So not a problem.

16. SCFulhamFan

SCFulhamFan Active Member

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: FulhamUSA Player Sponsorship - PART 2

Has their been a match day program with FulhamUSA next to McBride yet? If so I would love to get one or at least have a copy of it scanned into the downloads section.

17. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

2nd vote, if I had one, would go to Liam.

Not to beat the horse, but Bocanegra being an American is not the only reason. A related reason is because he is playing pretty damn well now that he is on the pitch. A sponsorship could, COULD help motivate him even more. I think he has shown glimmers and streaks of what he could be, both in the World Cup and so far this season. He's my guy.

18. americanmike

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: FulhamUSA Player Sponsorship - PART

The match this weekend will be the first match with us as his sponsor and I will be picking up a program or two.

PCB, duly noted and I am not putting Boca or those who chose him down. I just really wanted to get a clear idea of what the members of FulhamUSA wanted since this opportunity arose. I think it would be fantastic if we accomplished this and I would be proud to sponsor ANY of them.

19. Jacob

Jacob New Member

I'm in a toss up with Bjorn and Boca. Boca because of obvious reasons and Bjorn because the younger guys could use some extra fan support. I won't be able to vote until the results of Bjorn's play come back from the game tomorrow. I have to see some results of his training at the least.

20. rumstove

rumstove New Member

Guess who I voted for? :D

Honestly...Niemi, Liam, Boca, or Bjorn are all good choices IMO and if I could have 4 votes each of them would get one.