FulhamUSA Dempsey Sponsorship

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by americanmike, Jan 14, 2007.

?

On adding Dempsey to FulhamUSA kit sponsorship:

1. Go for it now

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Start now for next season

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Wait to see how he pans out, then for next season

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Let someone else do it... his 'MySpace' crew, maybe.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Just a thought eh?!

FulhamUSA presents:

[​IMG]
    Thanks dstriker!

2. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

go for it..

3. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

IMO, he needs to earn it with his play for Fulham. Maybe, MAYBE, if he does enough the rest of this season, he may receive such an honor.

McBride has definitely earned our sponsorship. I hate to just give it away without at least some playing time.

4. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Hmm...I would be willing to buy a few shares for a player sponorship again. Plus, it would be another opportunity for a FulhamUSA member win raffle prizes at the end of the season.

5. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I'm with PCB. Let's have this conversation after the season.

6. Optimizer

Optimizer New Member

I agree with PCB. While I think Dempsey will be great at Fulham, he hasn't done a thing yet. If he earns a first team spot by the end of this year and/or looks to have it for next season, then I'll gladly sponsor him.

By the by, I hope it's FUSA that does it. I don't want to be shown up by someone using MYSPACE.

7. SCFulhamFan

SCFulhamFan Active Member

I agree with everyone. Let's see what he does and go from there.

8. DCDave

DCDave Member

I'd rather not sponsor him. This may be a subtle difference, but I'd like us to be seen as Fulham fans who happen to be from the USA, not American fans who happen to be rooting for Fulham. I know most of us were Fulham fans before McBride/Boca came, and most of us know that too, but it's be better if everybody knew that we were loyal Fulham fans no matter how many Americans we have.

BTW, NOTHING against people who've become fans because of the American and have joined this group. The more the merrier. I am NOT implying that new fans are welcome.

9. Optimizer

Optimizer New Member

Uh....? Well, I guess this isn't wrong. Of course you're not implying as you just said it.

In any case, while this may not be the appropriate place to ask, but any idea when Clint Dempsey can put on a Fulham uniform and play in a game? So we can begin the assessment whether he can become worthy of sponsorship?

10. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I think that if Brian's gone after the season -- or if he stays and we decide to sponsor two folks -- I'm going to beat the drum for sponsoring Moritz Volz. He's everything we want in a Fulham player on and off the pitch, and he's out of his frigging mind as well [see Volzy.com for proof].

My .02 Euro

11. psand22

psand22 Member

It's way too early to thank about a sponsorship for Dempsey. He hasn't even taken the field for us, yet. When the next sponsorship comes along, it needs to go to someone who's been busting his tail and giving it his 100% on and off the field. You know, earn with inspired play and effort. It he lives up the hype, his time will come on down the road.

12. FulhamCMH

FulhamCMH New Member

I hereby join HatterDon's drum circle for Volzy as our #2 next year!

Does anyone think Boca and Dempsey would feel slighted if FUSA decided to sponsor a non-American over them? Or would they even notice/care?

13. JMF

JMF New Member

I'd be VERY interested, but lets see what happens.

14. SCFulhamFan

SCFulhamFan Active Member

So far so good for Demsey. Not much time from Saturday, but got in a few really nice tackles. Look forward to more of those and some through balls to McBride and Montella.