Fulham's Winter Window: Guess who's in or out..

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by pettyfog, Sep 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

Yep....Snarf. hahahaha

Snarf Snarf.....

good job rummy

2. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I do not like the sound of this....Helguson might be on his way back to Watford in January. With Heidar struggling to find first-team action and the Hornets in desperate need of a first-team striker in the absence of Marlon King, it might be a possibility. Here is a link to the story:

http://www.eatsleepsport.com/news_detai ... =2&t_id=83

3. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Hopefully Watford gets David Healy and forgets about HH... until they realize the pig'n'a poke they got!
    Adjacent story same link.

4. rumstove

rumstove New Member

From Leeds' point of view, they would be foolish to let Healy go...he seems to be their only goalscorer.

But obviously I'd like to see Watford go for Healy rather than HH. Such a depressing gossip story so early in the morning...I'm going back to bed.

5. pettyfog

Try the butt-in-the-air fetal position... works for me.
    ;)

6. rumstove

rumstove New Member

7. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

I think it's about right for now. Hopefully there isn't a bidding war.

8. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I'm with Heather. I think it's about right. I just don't know what shape he's in. He had a long season with some knocks towards the end.

I'd love to see him with us!

9. pettyfog

Charlton going for him, too.. according to clubcall.

10. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

That seems about right. I must also add that I think Dempsey would fit in great with Fulham. He has made it clear he wants to play in Europe and I feel he has the right work ethic and energy to add something to this Fulham team.

He has something to prove and he will be willing to put in the extra work and effort needed for him to make the jump from MLS to the Premiership.

11. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Assuming he has the right attitude, which I am now thinking he does, he would be a shot of adrenaline to our squad, that has to be starting to feel hints of exhaustion at this point of the season.

12. martin

martin New Member

I think 2 million is fair. Charlton is in such disarray, I could see them getting panicky and bidding up the price.

13. martin

martin New Member

He has 6 weeks to rest before the transfer window opens. That should be plenty of time to get rejuvenated. Spurs at the Cottage on January 20 looks like a good day for him to debut.

14. Buchanan

Buchanan New Member

Man I hope Dempsey can sign with Fulham. He is my second favorite player, behind McBride. I knew he would be heading to Europe but I never assumed Fulham would be interested.

15. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Hey, Buchanan -- you must like gutsy players that never give in or give up!

Here's hoping your two favorites wind up as teammates.

16. GaryBarnettFanClub

GaryBarnettFanClub New Member

If Fulham are really serious in this guy we will have a big advantage by having 2 US players in the team. Dempsy would surely call them and ask them for the low down. I assume that Boca and McBride would give us a good write up.

17. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

McBadAss bleeds Black & White, when he's not bleeding Red, White & Blue. Boca I am less sure about, but he has been putting it all out there recently, and at whatever position the team needs him. I'm thinking the recommendations will be solid.

18. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

There are reports that Reading are interested, too. And they have two yanks on their team as well.

I hope Fulham can sign Dempsey for 2 million pounds, but I have a feeling it won't happen.

19. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Reading are also reported to be interested in Eddie Johnson. They could have 4 yanks on their team. I'm not sure if that would sway Dempsey to them or not. If it were me, it wouldn't factor into my descision to join a team. I would care more about the location, pay, team's ambitions, and coaching philosophy.

20. Buchanan

Buchanan New Member

Thanks HatterDon, hopefully they will.