Fulham's Winter Window: Guess who's in or out..

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by pettyfog, Sep 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Get Gooch for the defense and for his passion and skill.
    Get Carlos Edwards for the midfield and for his passion and skill.
    Lose CJ and anyone else whos passion doesn't match his skill.
    Leave Cookie alone!

I'm HatterDon and I approve this post [and I also approve American Mike's new avatar!]

2. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Good point, look how Brown has become a favorite, when at the beginning of the season our own fans claimed he had a horror tackle on Giggs and perhaps should be suspended.

I've never seen Gooch challenge as hard as Brown, because he does not have to.

3. jmh

jmh New Member

Re: Fulham January '07 Transfers

While I'd certainly love to see Gooch playing at FFC, can we all agree to hope that the above is never necessary? 8)

4. fulham_local_21

fulham_local_21 New Member

i think if anyone we would sell knight, some of his mistakes have proven costley to fulham games, Gooch would be a good buy, we especialy need a center back and a midfielder, a striker wouldnt hurt either. and because McBride is leaving next season we need a goalscorer

5. GaryBarnettFanClub

GaryBarnettFanClub New Member

I don't think people mind hard tackles. It's gits like Robbie Savage who put it about and then dive and get people sent off that really anoys fans. Brown is good because when he gets kicked he gets up unless he really is hurt.

Centre backs are required. Knight could do OK but he needs a really classy player along side him. Goma could do it when he was fully fit. Unfortunatly that wasn't often.

6. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

I don't want John to leave. We don't have enough Premiership class forwards as it is losing John wouldn't make much sense. Bring in Nugent and Gooch in this window and that would be good enough.

7. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I like Nugent as well. I am not sure how much he would cost but I think he is quality at Preston right now and has been for the past couple of seasons.

8. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

what about Freddy Shephard of Southend United? Probably a little green still, but one to keep an eye on for sure. I agree though on David Nugent. He'd be a nice pick up..

9. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I do not know Freddy Shephard. I have not seen him play. Tell us a bit about him omsdogg. What kind of a player is he?

10. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

He's a young striker....only 23 I believe. In his first match ever for Southend, he had a hat trick. He helped Southend win promotion to the Championship with 23 goals in 34 appearances. This year in the Championship, he has 6 goals in 16 appearances, including one in their opening match win versus Stoke City. There has been talk of him being transferred due to their last place position in the championship, and his value. There was talk that Preston would swoop for him if someone came after Nugent but that never materialized. Here is his profile:
    http://www.southendunited.premiumtv.co. ... 58,00.html

11. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

another link...

LINK

12. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

That's a heck of a strike rate at any level. Wonder if our "inside man" is aware of any FFC interest in this guy?

13. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

i was looking at a preview for the Championship at the beginning of the year because i wanted a team from the championship to follow since Reading had been promoted....and i came across the Shrimpers....and their history. they won promotion the previous year to the League One, and immediately won promotion the next year to the Championship. I saw Eastwood's record and immediately this was my new Championship team. To top it off, they played Stoke City that first weekend and won 1-0 on an Eastwood goal, so i was in heaven. hahahah....

of course it's all been downhill from there. lol

14. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

A bit of a Rooney look to him. And if he can score goals anything like him, sign him up!

15. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

here's some interesting news....

in the 4th round of the Carling Cup....Southend United hosting Manchester United....

after 37 minutes it's Southend 1-0 ManU on a Freddy Eastwood goal in the 26th minute. hahahahaha

Come on SHRIMPERS Come on SHRIMPERS!!!!!

16. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

It's over......Southend 1-0 ManU Eastwood the goalscorer

Let's get this guy!!!!!!!

17. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Omsdogg for FFC Chief Scout!!

18. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

We've seen or read about the good. Any bad or ugly on Freddy?

19. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

doesn't have premiership expierience. i'm sure there are more, i'm just unaware as to what they may be.

20. rumstove

rumstove New Member

I appears Eastwood may have drawn the interest of West Ham. What they would need with another striker I don't know.

Friday's BBC gossip column
    West Ham boss Alan Pardew could make a bid for Southend striker Freddy Eastwood - a former Upton Park trainee. (Guardian)

BTW omsdogg -- is your avatar that cat/thing from Thundercats; I forget his name. Smirf? or maybe Snorkle? crap, I can't remember...