Fulham's next 6 games

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by FFC24, Oct 31, 2009.

1. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

Here they are:

At Wigan
    At Birmingham
    Home Blackburn
    Home Bolton
    Home Sunderland
    At Burnley

If we are to do anything this year, then we need to come out of these games with at least 13 points. We have the chance to go into the top 10 and solidfy that spot with a good 3 or 4 point lead on anybody outside the top 10.

What's your expectations?

2. jmh

jmh New Member

RE: Fulham

I'd love to see us go through that stretch and win all six games, but my guess is 11 points. Two wins and a draw at home, one win one draw and one loss on the road.

3. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

10 points by New Year should see Fulham safely clear of the drop. That's all that counts in the fall campaign.

That leaves the Spring efforts to determine table position. Why do I say that? Because we're no longer in the category of Hull and the other strivers.

4. Hard_Drinkin'_Lincoln

Hard_Drinkin'_Lincoln New Member

If we play as we've been playing, then we could get 12 from that block.

5. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

watched Brummie today against Citeh. They looked organized in defense and Benitez was quick and dangerous all day. OTOH, Ferguson pulled a Ferguson and got himself sent off for nothing, so we won't see him, and he is their midfield general.

6. Hard_Drinkin'_Lincoln

Hard_Drinkin'_Lincoln New Member

That guy is a walking red card. The Old Firm affiliation gave him some protection in the SPL. In the Premier League, he doesn't enjoy that kind of cover. He needs to learn that he isn't in a protected class anymore.

His temperament prevents him from being the kind of asset he can be for Birmingham.

7. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

(Knock on wood) Conservatively, 10 points.

8. nevzter

9. nevzter

10. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

I wonder what nevzter thinks.......

;)

11. nevzter

I apologize, I had, err, technical issues. Come on, even I don't enjoy the sound of my voice to that extent. ;)

12. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

The first and last fixtures on that list are going to be the toughest without a doubt. Burnley are indomitable at home and we haven't won there in what, 40 years?

And Wigan remind me of the Phoenix Suns of several years ago. Their fatal flaws are overshadowed by the speed and individual athletic prowess. When they show up, Wigan are without a doubt the most exciting team in the EPL.

13. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

Most exciting team? There's this team in North London that has scored 32 goals so far that would say you are drinking a little too much.

14. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

Speaking of, will we ever hear about Arsenal running up the score or is that just what obnoxious American sport writers do?

And we expect the Gooners to do that. I don't expect Wigan to have any flair.

15. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

That's what Americans do. When Liverpool went down to 9 men, I was hoping we'd put in another 4 goals. It isn't our fault they decided to play a shit game.

Arsenal have scored 32 goals,Wigan 12 goals. Nuff said.

16. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

timmyg, we can't run the ball, go into a four corners, or tell our base runners not to seal in soccer. Not to mention the fact that, every season, league positions are decided by goal difference.

17. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

Hatter is right on to mention goal difference. As much as I want to really crush teams, I also realize that Fulham is going to need to score as many goals as they can when the situation presents itself to ensure that they have a positive goal difference at the end of the season. It might sound cruel to want to keep the attack flowing against a 9 man Liverpool at 3-1, but when are we going to face 9 men again and get that kind of opportunity?

18. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

Alright, lets try and get back on track here but I am simply wondering why no one is thinking about the rationale to having a solid one third of your games won by four or more goals. Or half by three or more. Papering over cracks? Arsene in "Eff You Mode" a la the 2007 Pats? Skill? Luck?

And no, I'm not some youth sports pansy that believes in mercy rules.

ANYWAYS, I still find Wigan to be exciting with lots of obscure but unique players that combined is 5 times cheaper than Arsenal. And I'm looking forward to that match.

19. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

Arsenal is scoring that many goals for one simple reason: because they can.