Fulham's Newest Partner American Airlines

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by americanmike, Sep 12, 2006.

1. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

RE: Fulham

Does this mean that anyone who transfers in or out of FFC will have to change planes in Dallas?

3. Jux

Jux New Member

Re: RE: Fulham

Brilliant! :D

I sure hope not!

4. DCDave

DCDave Member

RE: Re: RE: Fulham

I appreciate them mentioning the growing US fan base. Mike and Tom deserve a lot of credit for that.

5. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

I hope this is the beginning of many more marketing and promotional initiatives. From my perspective, Fulham has many competitive advantages to other clubs that are relatively untapped.

Bring back the Cravenettes!!

6. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

It's good to see that FFC knows we're here -- and I think a lot of this is to the good of the club.

In the 70s -- and perhaps now -- there was an American Leeds United supporters club near Harrogate. I used to visit up that way occasionally, at it was cool to be one of 50 or so Americans going to the matches. One member used to always get on TV. He was about 275 lbs and had a Leeds Scarf as the hatband for his Stetson. Leeds was very friendly to these Yanks. It was a rare week when someone from the club didn't make the trip down to chat and have a pint.

I tried to get something similar at Luton, but got no interest from the Hatters front office. I was one of about 35 or 40 Americans who regularly attended, and we had our before and after pub meeting places, often interacting with the players, but the club didn't want to know. Wonder how much money they lost as a result.

Anyhow, good on Fulham for taking the step.

7. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

And Don is looking from some cheap fares through the Dallas hub, I betcha!

8. americanmike

americanmike Administrator