Fulham's Best XI

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by dcheather, Jul 9, 2012.

1. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsA ... estXI.aspx?

Difficult to argue with.

2. tim

tim Active Member

Which once again begs my frequent (and favorite) question. Why does Jol insist on playing Senderos instead of Hughes?

3. SteveFakeBlood

SteveFakeBlood Member

Broward County , FL (from DuPage County, IL)
    The only nit-picking I can do here is that I would put Schwarzer over Van der Sar (Van der Sar may have a slight edge as a better keeper, but Schwarzer came up bigger in bigger matches) and I'd find a place for Steed Malbranque- perhaps at the expense of Dembele. Dembele is a brilliant talent- but Steed scored a lot of goals for this club, if Dembele sticks around he'll surpass him, but I'm not sure he's there yet. On the other hand, it's sort of like comparing apples and oranges since Steed was more of a scorer and Dembele is more of a dribbler/passer- and honestly, I can live with Van der Sar and Dembele in those spots.

My heart also wants to include Boca and Volzy on the team- but my heads knows that the fans got the defenders right.

~ Steve

4. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Slightly puzzled about Dembele's inclusion in the "all time" Premier League team as well, but don't think his service, as of yet, deserves his spot. Steed or Lee Clark in his place would be my only changes....wait, maybe adding Kuqi as well.

5. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Have to agree w/Steve and Nev, Steeeeed belongs above Dembele at the moment (not on talent, but on contribution to the club). Would have to give EVS the slight edge to Schwartzer, but special mention has to go out to Niemi aka Superhero. Can you imagine Saha playing off of McBride up top? That would be one sick partnership.