Fulham @ West Brom [R]

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by timmyg, Sep 29, 2008.

1. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

Well, its only Monday but lets forgot last week's nightmarish 3 game spell and look ahead to a winnable 6-pointer this weekend.

I'll be honest and say I've seen all of about 30 seconds of West Brom play so far (and that's generous). But I do know that given the ebb and flow of the premier league, and despite Woy not subbing, no goals from open play in almost 5 hours, and no AJ (blessing in disguise?) we're still a pretty good club.

2-1 to the Fulham.

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I saw the "highlights" of the match this morning. There's NO WAY AJ should appeal that sending off. Oh, and check out the tackles thread on Craven Cottage Newsround. AJ has two tackles all season. Both of them got yellows on Saturday. Now THAT's efficient!

This will be my first lineup of the season: Seol in for AJ due to suspension. Two new starters because of form.

-------------------------- A3O3-----------------------------

Paintsil ----- Hangeland ----- Hughes ------- Kallio

Davies ----- Murphy -------- Bullard ----- Dempsey

------------ Seol ---------------- Zamora --------------

I think this might be a productive front line. Seol is most comfortable on the right and Zamora is more comfortable on the left. Seol is also big enough to trouble defenders that would just bounce AJ around. The Korean, the Finn, and the Yank have something to prove. I like our chances.

So I'm thinking our first away point beckons.

COYW!

3. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

If last week was an indicator match, then this week is a statement match.

WBA are an "attacking" club, in the mold of Gooners, and FFC can play well against that type of club (it's the feckers that kick the shit out of us that give us trouble.) Woy's "stubbornness" pays off again and I second a 2-1 result to FFC.

Schwarzer rebounds and, gasp, Nevland starts up top in the 4-4-2...please no 4-5-1. And no Seol either, sorry HD, but Nevland can finish in the run of play and this club needs that type of injection right now in my opinion.

Unfortunately, ain't no way Demps sees the pitch...he's got a pissing match with Woy right now and Woy isn't blinking. How else can he praise his play against Burnley (or was it a backhanded compliment due to the CCC opposition?) and keep him on the bench in the last match?

4. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

All I can say is thank God FSC is broadcasting this match. Having to watch so many games on a stammering, buffering computer feed, I hardly know this team. And unfortunately I still wont get to see AJ play - thanks to his keen tackling abilities.

I think we will see Seol in for AJ, though I'd rather it be Dempsey. I think Woy will give us a sub this week - hopefully it'll be Nevland.

5. ohio4fulham

ohio4fulham New Member

................... Schwarzer .....................
    Pantsil ... Hangeland ... Hughes ... Kallio
    Gera ..... Bullard ..... Murphy .... Davies
    ............... Nevland ... Zamora ............

Personally, I'd like to see Kallio at LB and Nevland stargting up top with Zamora ...
    I'd like to see Clint come in as a halftime sub for Nevland but not sure if we'll see Dempsey again any time soon with Demps being so vocal about his lack of playing time lately.

6. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Picking the Ws on the road to win is the province of braver men than me, otehr than I know it has to come sooner or later and heck, why not now, but I like our chances against the Baggies.

Don, why is Schwartzer A303?

My lineup, for what it's worth (nothing at all)

--------------------Aussie Mark
    -----Pantsil -----Hughes------Hangeland-------Kallio
    -----Davies-----Bullard-------Murphy----------Dempsey
    ------------------Nevland-------Zamora

Zubey, Seol, Stoor, PK, Gera (needs some time off), Etuhu, and Andreasen

7. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Aussie! Aussie! Aussie! Oy! Oy! Oy!

okay ... I was reaching.

8. jmh

jmh New Member

Should be an interesting one. Wish Kamara were healthy, I think he'd have a fire under his ass against his former club.

9. BarryP

BarryP New Member

By majority opionion of what I have read AJ is out, Gera seems to go missing to often, PK has been prone to mental lapses and Roy is adverse to change.

What does all of that mean for this weeks lineup? Heck if I know but that will not stop me from guessing this week and I am going way out just so I know I am wrong before I miss yet another week in the chat room. Here's my guess for the week.

--------Schwarzer---------
    Paintsil-Hughes-Brede-PK
    -----------Etuhu------------
    Davies-Bullard-Murphy-Gera
    ----------BobbyZ----------

This is only valid if Etuhu is fit of course.

10. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Barry, I think you're on to something about the formation Roy will put into place (not saying I like it, but highly likely). I would think Leon is ahead of Dickson for that spot, but who knows.

Deuce for Gera? We are dying to see Clint get a chance, but no way Gera doesn't get a run out vs his former team.

Subs this week? Basically Roy has sent a very bad message to the guys on the bench. What other conclusion but that he has zero faith in anyone but the starting XI would the players take? I bet a running joke this week is Roy won't make a change and will play only 10.

Nevland or Seol? If he does go 4-4-2 please oh please let it be the Dutchman.

Result? Jimmy, Simon, and Danny need to take it upon themselves to be the leaders and take the game to them. 3 pts. would be great, but 1 pt wouldn't be a disaster.

11. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Dutchman, Gracie? :shock:

12. nevzter

Didn't you hear? Fulham inked Ruud van Nistelrooy.
    :banana: :banana: :banana:

13. BarryP

BarryP New Member

It is not the lineup I would pick either but I think there is a chance that after the quick two we dropped last Saturday that Roy may chose to provide the midfield with some support and push Murphy a little more forward. I only picked Etuhu ahead of Andreason because Roy seems to like his new toys.

14. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Oops, since I've never been to Europe isn't Holland and Norway the same thing? :roll:

To HD and Nev, just know I'll be lying in wait for a mistake from you two jokers :wink:

15. nevzter

You shouldn't have to wait too long in my case... :banana:

16. SCFulhamFan

SCFulhamFan Active Member

This should be a good game to see where we are as a team. WBA put away the Hammers and Boro.

17. LOBO

LOBO New Member

Besides Seol for AJ, I don't see Roy making any drastic changes to the starting lineup.

Nevland had his chances to start last season and he showed better as a sub.

There is no way Ghostly Gera doesn't get the start for this one.

I really beleive that Fulham have a dangerous midfield combination and that victory hinges on how or if West Brom can deal with the Fulham foursome.

I feel that Jimmy Bullard is due for a breakout game and Gera will appear a bit more opaque in this match.

COYW!

18. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Hey Guys, I know we're all infatuated with Congress and the VP debate, but we have a match going in the morning!

Fox Soccer Channel 0900 Central LIVE.

I'm no longer capable of watching AND chat-rooming, but I hope to check in around half-time. Let's get a result to start the month off right.

Oh, and nothing to see here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/footbal ... 649111.stm
    move along

19. dtwondough

dtwondough New Member

Don, how are you no longer capable of chatroom and watching?

20. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

Turns out I can neither watch the game or chat it up, so good luck to the Fulham.

I'll be thinking of everyone when I'm covering a foreclosure meeting and talking to horse racers about the upcoming slots referendum here.

COYW!