Fulham vs. West Brom

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by americanmike, Feb 8, 2006.

1. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Senegal is now officially out of the Africa's Cup and will return in time to be slotted in to this weeks match....but do you put him right in the starting eleven at the expense of Elliot?

Liam is suspended (acquired 5th yellow against Manure) so Volz will take his place. Goma recently has been on the bench and not starting for some reason!! So, my first choice eleven is:

Niemi

Volz -- Goma -- Boca -- Putney

Radz -- Bouba -- Steed -- Boa

McBride -- HH

Now, if Coleman really wanted to have some fun, he would try this line up for the midfield and forwards:

Steed -- Bouba -- Boa

John -- McBride -- HH

COYW's

2. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I do not think Papa will be back. The African Cup of Nations has a third place match which will take place tomorrow. Senegal will be playing Nigeria tomorrow in Egypt. That being said, I am doubting Papa will play.

3. DCDave

DCDave Member

What about Brown? I was impressed by him on Saturday. Maybe for Radz (is he good on the side?)

4. americanmike

I didn't know that about Papa...damn, I'm just anxious to get him back.

As for Brown, he hurt his hamstring last weekend but I don't think anything to serious thus I doubt he'll be ready by this weekend. I was impressed by his work rate and his physical presence.

5. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

This is a big match for us. West Brom beat Blackburn last weekend and drew at Charlton mid week. They are a tough team to get a read on. They show signs of being a strong team once in a while, then have results like losing to Sunderland that make you wonder how this team will avoid relegation.

Regardless, Fulham must come out and impose their will on the Baggies. Fulham has to defend their home turf and put more distance between themselves and a team like West Brom.

I would like to see Volz return at right back if possible. I would also like to see Goma in the back four as well. I am okay with Steed, Boa, Elliott and Radz in the midfield (if Brown is indeed out). Helguson and McBride up front will cause problems for the West Brom defense.

I hate to say this is a must win, but it kind of is. We are expected to win and we need to win to extend the home run and keep the confidence up at the club.

6. DCDave

DCDave Member

I say it's going to be a good Saturday for the Black and White.

2-0, with goals by McBride in the 20th minute and John in the 70th.

7. Hengist

Hengist New Member

Could be a tricky game this, West Brom are a fairly nasty bunch and recent games between us have ended with us having players sent off and Moritz getting his lung punctured and put out for two months.That said, we are better man for man than they are, and beat them at this stage last year.Can't see Bouba taking part though.

8. Smokin'

Smokin' Administrator

Overall we are a better team with PBD in the lineup, I would love to see him regardless of how much he plays...

Coleman has a great set of players to pick from and various line ups to throw out there when he is totally back.

I hope volz plays... i hope Goma plays... Zat Knight hasn't been terrible, but that doesnt mean he's been good. Funny how the middle defense looks bad after the left corner is finally sowed up. I just cant wait for the real starting 11 to gel.

I like elliot this week in place of Bouba, he's won a place above most in the midfield since joining the team. I'd go with the following...

Niemi

Volz - Goma - Boca - Bridge

Steed - Elliot - Brown - Boa

HH McBride

Radz 60th
    CJ sub 75th

9. Zack

Zack New Member

3-1.....for the good guys in black and white (and a bit of red).......get the 3 and have some time to rest before the next fixture......should be a good one...gonna be on tape delay anyone know?

COME ON FULHAM COME ON FULHAM COME ON FULHAM

10. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

No, this match will not be shown LIVE or on tape delay.

11. Zack

Zack New Member

nice.....got my saturday set then!

12. Zack

Zack New Member

WOW the lack of sleep in preparing for a presentation and test today shows.....i meant that b/c i thought i read it saying it was gonna be on.....i'm off to bed!!!!! still hoping for 3-1 but 3 points will do

13. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

What a win! I can't believe the boys scored SIX goals!!! Who would have thought that? Not me. I was expecting a win, but a defensive struggle in which we won 1-0.

Confidence in the Fulham camp is high right now!! This is big because the team has two weeks before their next match! Hopefully, that two week break and a beief in each other will carry them to their first road win of the season at Bolton!!

A super day for Fulham Football Club and its' supporters alike!!! COYW!!!

14. ob

ob New Member

6-1, not bad eh? I'm a very happy fellow, I can tell you! COYW!!!!!

15. americanmike

I will be wearing the third kit today, with my hooded sweatshirt and my Fulham wooly hat.

"WE'RE ONLY WINNING 6-1" COYSW's

16. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Well, I just got back from posting the Crew board.. on curiosity of how Elliot has played every minute he's been at Fulham.

Surely a record for consec minutes on xfer from MLS to a higher league.

Well, done, Simon.. though it was a lot of "Right place, Right time"

And HOW great that Radz has finally broken through... this, folks, is a team that believe in each other!

17. Zack

Zack New Member

Holy Crap...love it...why oh why couldnt it be on tele today!!!! But great to hear..and even better knowing Chelsea dropped 3 to boro...even though that picks them up a bit, its good to give my girlfriend some business about the mighty blues........lets keep on rolling through the break and win at bolton!!!!! COYW!!!!!!!

18. americanmike

Just saw the highlights of the match on FSC...all of them great stuff, even the deflection.

Loved the way Radz celebrated, you could really see that it meant alot to him.

COME ON FULHAM.

19. NJGlen

NJGlen New Member

I'll be the first to admit I was disappointed to see we had signed an aging MLS player in January and was sure he'd be a bench warmer at best. Show's what I know...I think he has been extremely consistent so far and done all the ugly tgings really well, while supplying a decent dead ball too. So far we have had 3 great buys from the MLS and Eddie Lewis and Marcus Haneman are both still plying their trade in CCC!

20. rumstove

rumstove New Member

Wow 6-1! what a great win. Hopefully we can keep it going at Bolton.