Fulham vs. Rotherham

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by MicahMan, Dec 12, 2016.

1. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

Hey folks we've got a game on Tuesday! Fulham hosts bottom of the table Rotherham. Rotherham has been really, REALLY, bad this year. They've toyed with relegation for much of the past two seasons, but this year they appear to be full committed to dropping down to League 1. Saturday's 1-0 win vs QPR was their first since August. They've had 4 points in the last 13 matches. They have one point on the road this year. If we don't get 3 points from this one... well... we should just get 3 points.

Now remember the Wolves beat QPR after not winning in months. They then went on to almost beat us. Hopefully QPR hasn't primed Rotherham in the same way for this match.

SoCalJoe likes this.
  2. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

The good news is that their victory over QPR was at their place. We should be able to handle them at our place, right? Oh, wait, this is the Championship, where anything....ANYTHING, can and will happen on a given day. I hope we don't "play down" to our opponent. If we just take care of business, it should be 3 points. I'm anticipating some defensive changes after the debacle at Wolves. We'll just have to wait and see what they are.

SoCalJoe likes this.
  3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I"d like to see our GD well into double figures after this match.

SoCalJoe likes this.
  4. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

They'll come to bunker and counter, so jump on them, avoid a stupid red card, and put those points in the bag.

5. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

COYW!

6. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Cringed when I checked the score at half. If you are a playoff contender you have to win at home against the cellar-dweller. The lads grinded it out and got the W. 2-1 counts as much as 5-1. Cue the dancin' banana. COYW!

7. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

A win is a win is a win. Keep it going, keep it going, keep it going full steam...

8. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

I'll take the three points, but this sentence from the BBC recap makes me grumpy:
    I'm sorry, but if a goalie saves a PK with his feet that is generally a pretty poor shot. Maybe when we see the highlights we'll be treated to seeing Lewis Price executing a cartwheel or hand spring to do an amazing block with his foot, but my guess is that it was a shot down the middle and on the ground, ugh.

9. sacffc

sacffc Well-Known Member

Not the Reading game for sure but it's a win. Now 2 points out of 6th place and if Derby beats QPR tomorrow it will be 3 points. I, for one, am thrilled to have a reason to figure that out. A world of difference from last year.

jumpkutz likes this.
  10. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

I think the BBC may need some help with human anatomy because it looks like Price stops the shot with his hands - unless he's some freak with feet at the ends of his arms, and you'd think a goalie with four feet would be a bigger story. My apologies to Mr. Martin. The PK was not the horror show I imagined.

SoCalJoe likes this.
  11. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

While not full match highlights, this reel of Johansen's MOTM performance is fun to watch:

Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
    SoCalJoe likes this.
  12. astroevan

astroevan Well-Known Member

The victory is even bigger when you see that 6 of the 8 teams ahead of us also won (Newcastle play today and Reading lost to Leeds [one of the teams ahead of us]).