Fulham Vs. Liverpool [R]

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by bullhead, Apr 14, 2008.

1. bullhead

bullhead New Member

I know that I shouldn't have hope for the Liverpool match but I've always been a sucker for the "underdog." As with most team sports, the elite teams have a tendency of putting the game out of reach early and "coasting" for the rest of the game. Due to that, the elite teams rarely have to play "hard" for a full match. If Fulham can play a full 90 minutes of attacking football and put pressure on them, with luck anything can happen. Stranger things have happened in sports. :twisted:

Bullhead

2. Jensers

Jensers New Member

RE: Liverpool match [R]

True. Especially when you are talking this sport.

Liverpool is playing really well right now, and that is the concern for me - Rafa has them peaking at a bad time for Fulham.

But at the same time - Everton is not going to catch them, and 'Pool will not do better than 4th. Maybe they wont show up?

3. jlough

jlough New Member

We beat them at home last year, so it is not impossible.

4. Fulhamburger

Fulhamburger New Member

You mean we beat their C-team at home last year.

5. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

Fulhamburger. It was their B-team and they still had higher salaries than the Fulham players.

6. jmh

jmh New Member

I notice that the "Next Fixture" window on the left side of this site says that the match against 'plod is Saturday at 10am ET with TV coverage TBD. For what it's worth, LiveSoccerTV.com says the match will be on Setanta but also says it's at 11am ET (?).

7. bostoncottage

bostoncottage New Member

uh oh:

Boss Benitez said: “Fulham is the game we need to try and win because if we do we will be nearly there — which would help us as we prepare for the Champions League semi-finals with Chelsea.

8. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Re: RE: Liverpool match [R]

You say that, but most of the guys playing that day could walk into our starting 11.

Also, we beat them at Craven Cottage last year and the year before (and I think the year before) so its definitely not out of the question. Just depends on what Fulham shows up.

9. dtwondough

dtwondough New Member

Have to edit my post, just read the Liverpool article. Looks like they will come coming out to win. I still think if the fulham from last week shows up, they can win this match.

10. Fulhamburger

Fulhamburger New Member

And this is why I love Fulham

11. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

First, welcome to the site the person who started the thread. Bullhead if you go under the messageboard there is an introduction thread where you can give us your life's story (in 5 or less sentences of course :D .)

Second, you know it was a great weekend when the next match thread is rolling on a Monday already.

The lads have to get their teeth into the match right from the whistle. The team's mindset I think will combine the boost of confidence/monkey off their back relief from the away win and hopefully a chip on the shoulder from the last home match. Whether that will be enough to get a result who knows (the boys will need to catch a break or two), but one thing for sure is the Cottage will be electric.

We need some help from Aston Villa (huge derby match v the Brummies), Boro (home v Bolton), and Arse (hope they don't come out flat v Reading)

12. IanHux

IanHux New Member

I believe the key for Fulham is to hit the back of the net not the crossbar...

P.S. Woohoo 100th post (and at least i thought it was terribly clever)!!!!!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

13. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Yesterday Wigan drew with the Scum at the Bridge. 'boro almost did the double over United. Last year we beat Liverpool AND Arsenal at the Cottage. And the year before that we beat Liverpool AND Chelsea at the Cottage.

It's why they gotta play them, guys. Oh, and if you check out last year's Liverpool lineup, you'll find that they rested three of their "regulars" -- not exactly fielding an entire team of subs. Besides, Rafa rotates his players so that there's going to be a top flight international or two on the bench for every match. Wish we had that problem.

Having said all that, all I can do is hope along with the rest of you.

14. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

I am terrorified of Torres capabilities to score in virtually any manner. Rafa... Please give him a rest. He has been working ever so hard. 30 goals is enough for one season... right?

15. bearzfan4lfe

bearzfan4lfe New Member

aaaaaah, yes...

...hope springs eternal, isn't that why we're all here anyways??? We can never really know what is going to happen over the weekend with our beloved Whites...

...will they look like a Champions League side, or will they look like a Championship side??? We hope it will be the former, although we have mostly been witness to the latter...

...I believe the game will be on Setanta, and because of this, I will be watching this game at the Globe, on my girlfriends birthday, amongst a crowd of Liverpool supporters...I wouldn't have it any other way...

...Realistically, it can happen...honestly, it will happen...we will take it to them and even improve our goal differential...

...If the support at the Cottage is half as good as what we saw at Reading, and I know it will be twice as good, then the boys will have more than they need to push them on to three points...

...3-0 to the Fulham.

UP FULHAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. DawgTheDon

DawgTheDon New Member

It will be on Setanta. Coverage begins at 9:45 am Eastern. I saw a commercial last night.

17. richardhkirkando

richardhkirkando New Member

To be fair, that B-team had 7 guys who played in the Champions League final.

18. bearzfan4lfe

bearzfan4lfe New Member

...Does this mean that when I was on Elk Grove High School's freshman B baseball team I was actually on a team of greatness???

...I thought so after we picked up our second win against the hated Conant High School to improve to 2-19.

19. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

RE: Re: RE: Liverpool match [R]

bearz is right...we will come in and spank the @#$%@# out of the Scousers! The Cottage will rock like it never has before. I'm calling for a 6-0 victory in style. Shhhh...don't wake me up!!!

20. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

RE: Re: RE: Liverpool match [R]

its too early for me to weigh on this just yet, but everyone should read this