Fulham vs. Brum

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by timmyg, Feb 19, 2010.

1. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

Hey-oh another big match. Setanta is airing it delayed at 1:15pm EST on Sunday.

If we lose this then we can really kiss the top 8 goodbye as Brum are 3 points ahead of us with a game in hand.

Swap Shorey for Kelly and I think we'll see the same lineup as we saw yesterday.

COYW!

2. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

The Brummies are the surprise team of the season. Went back and looked at their results and it seems they were treading water until the end of Oct. and then went undefeated in 12 straight matches (7 of those wins). They've leveled off and have lost twice in London in 2010 (Scum and Spam). If there was a full week of preparation I'd pick the Whites to win 2-0, but on a short week I'm pulling for a 1-0, but 1-1 seems to be the call.

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Brummie is very much like the 2008-09 Fulham side. They are not to be trifled with. They have a lot of discipline, especially in the midfield and defense, and a weak forward line. They have a brilliant goalkeeper -- the best English keeper still playing football IMHO -- and a smart coach.

They beat us 1-0 in Birmingham on a moment of brilliance by a journeyman midfielder. At no time did they dominate us there, and at no time did we look like we could beat them. They deserve to be ahead of us in the league.

Having said that, I think that there are only two possible outcomes to this match 1-0 Fulham or 0-0 Birmingham. I'm picking the former, with Zamora continuing his onslaught.

The niggling question is just how long Davies, Duff, and Murphy can continue to play two games a week. We've got one more of them to come.

4. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

And they've been fortunate enough, like we were, to name an unchanged starting lineup since like November or something ridiculous like that.

That may be so but did you read my latest post? We very well might be back next season.

5. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Our loss at Brum was early-on in their nice run of form and thought it was a poor showing by the Whites that day. Fulham at home will be an entirely different story and I think 3 points is a realistic expectation this weekend.

COYW!

6. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

and in case anyone's interested, the match against Birmingham City -- our NEXT MATCH -- begins at 1000ET on Sunday.

7. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

Tough call, chatroom at 9 or solo at the pub at 12:15. Tougher call is picking a result. I'll go with 1-0 Fulham. Duff with the goal.

It'll be important for the wing players and the off forward to get to the middle and make space for Bob. I don't think Birmingham have anyone who can handle him on hold up play unless they're able to put numbers on him.

8. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Sorry about the solo part, Matt. The 9 o'clock start should give me time to hear almost all of the match. I'll be in the chatroom, and this time, I won't leave just because I'm the only one there and the match has kicked off.

9. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

No need to apologize. If I were as close to meeting the man upstairs, I'd be less cavalier with my church going too. :lol:

I'll probably give the chatroom a go myself.

10. sullytex

sullytex Member

Will be a tough one. B'ham have played very solid and are well organized probably due to the consistency of their starting 11.

Got to agree with Don's predictions, draw or narrow victory. Playing on Thursday doesn't help our cause.

Was not supposed to go to this one, but the big boss gave me a kitchen pass so off to Paddington in about an hour for the hour and a 45 minute quest to the Cottage.

11. general125

general125 New Member

Where is the chat room? I guess since the game is delayed, I won't ruin the result. However I will say, if I were having a kid tomorrow, I would want to at least make his middle name Bobby or Zamora.....just sayin'.

12. jmh

jmh New Member

Two stunning winners in a row for Bobby. :shock:

13. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

The result deserves one of these... :banana: screw it, make it two :banana: :banana:

14. sullytex

sullytex Member

On my way back from the game. Deserved win by the whites but not very pretty. We controlled large portions of the game but not much happened. Dickson again stuck out as the big red thumb today.

Duff was crazy active. Zamora was involved but not that influential until he poped in the goal. I have a great shot of that mid air which I will post later. Solid game by most. We deserved all 3 but not overly so.

40 points within spitting distance. So far its been an extraordinary season!

Just about back to Reading train station and I will not bore you with the shitty train/tube service again although it was worth the trip.

Capello I understand was there. He must have loved the capello/zamora for England chants! He definitely warrants consideration.

15. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

-Times

16. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

Awesome win. That Duff goal was freaking amazing as was Zamora's free kick. Let's keep this good form going into the next few games!

17. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Missed the video, caught the audio via the one-of-a-king Gentleman Jim.

COngrats to Bobby Zamora, and I have lived to see the day when the Cottage was singing "ZAMORA FOR ENGLAND!"

Haven't seen the stunning finish by Baird yet. It's a great day when you can laugh about that kind of stuff.

18. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

19. Martin-in-Nashville

Martin-in-Nashville New Member

I'm undecided which was the Best Fulham goal, Duff's or Bairds????

20. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member