Fulham vs. Blackburn [R] -- T_o_Ms Last Match at The Cottage

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by americanmike, Nov 12, 2007.

1. richardhkirkando

richardhkirkando New Member

Volz is supposed to be back in a week. I think he'll play in a reserve game before he makes it back to the first team, but he might be available. I'm happy with Baird or Omozusi at RB, but Volz could be useful in central midfield.

2. jmh

jmh New Member

You know, I think you're right that Boca is due to knock one home from a corner.

3. Archie

Archie New Member

4. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

does anyone know where smertin's been lately? he hasnt played since the pompey embarrassment.

give davis and kamz the day off. they've been really poor lately. and i have a feeling stef will probably start over hughes.

Niemi
    Baird--Stef--Boca--Konch
    Davies--Murphy--Smertin--Bouazza
    Demp--Healy

Bench:
    Warner
    Seol
    Davis
    Kuqi
    Hughes

2-1 fulham!!!!!

5. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

---------- Niemi ----------
    Baird -- Hughes -- Boca -- PK

---------- Smertin -----------
    Davies -------------- Bouazza
    ------------Dempsey ----------

------ Healy ------ Kuqi ----

Bench:
    Batista [who evidently played a blinder against England U-21]
    Ashton
    Stefanovich
    Davis
    Kamara

Final score? Check out the match preview!

COYW

6. BarryP

BarryP New Member

2-1 in favor of the Whites.

7. mike_t22201

mike_t22201 New Member

Where will the Fulham USA crowd be before the match tomorrow? It's been a long time since I"ve posted on here, but I'm in London this weekend and will be at the game tomorrow (and would like to grab a pint with the Americans who are in town for the game).

8. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Hi Mike, we'll be in the Golden Lion starting from around 1:00-1:30

9. mike_t22201

mike_t22201 New Member

Sounds good. Was hoping that the Bricklayers was going to be the venue of choice, but I'll swing by the Lion tomorrow. I've been to the Cottage half a dozen times, but never hit the Lion and am looking forward to it.

10. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

2-1 Blackburn -- AND FEEL FREE TO PROVE ME WRONG!!

Good luck to the W's tomorrow. And Cheers to all at the pub tand the Cottage tomorrow.

11. psand22

psand22 Member

I believe we'll put on a good show tomorrow and pull out a win (2-1). I think it's time for Healy to start scoring again in the EPL. Throw Kuqi up front to knock it down for him.

Niemi
    Baird - Hughes - Steph - Konch
    Davies - Smertin - Dempsey - Booze
    Healy - Kuqi

12. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Time to tame some wild Rover.

Fulham 3 - 1 Friedel's Boys

13. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

If memory serves Superhero saved our bacon and earned the team a point nearly by himself the last time the Rovers came to the Cottage. It won't be pretty at times, but the lads are gonna find a way today to get those 3 points (2-1).

14. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

honestly...dammit.

yes it was a good match. and no i'm not suprised we lost it in the waning moments (although pretty frustrated). but this result means WE HAVE to get points in our next two matches, which is a really tall order. settling with one point over four games will drop us back into the throngs of the relegation fight. fulham cant wait until mid-december before they start winning again. no, it wont be easy. but it HAS to happen.

otherwise, nice to see kamz and murphy score. niemi needs to stop shots on his near post. i think we need to start subbing new CB's late in the second half. (thats one idea to end this neverending problem)

and where the hell is smertin?

15. americanmike

Just back from the match, have to say that Niemi played an awesome match (good call SoCalJoe) and I'm happy with a point, although we were so close to a win! Ugh.

A very good turnout at the Cottage and got to meet some more of our fellow yanks, albeit briefly.

COYW's

16. Han-Solo

Han-Solo New Member

I'm disappointed for the result but glad for the performance of the lads in white. Blackburn are a very solid team, one of the few that didn't lose with Arsenal in the current season, plus their first goal should be disallowed being Roberts in clear off side when Warnock crossed. I love English because nobody protested: in Italy the ref would have been closed in the changing room.
    Another thing that I've appreciated is the attacking-minded attitude of Sanchez that, after the Rovers'draw, substituted Bouazza with Kufi with the idea of playing Dempsey left winger and Kufi and Kamara strikers. And soon we have scored a beautiful goal in five-a-side football style, after a fine passing involving four Fulham players.

17. Old_Bugger

Old_Bugger New Member

Hi all
    Just got back from the match myself,Niemi was fantastic(don't know how much we are paying him but it's not enough!)
    was a "good old fashioned" football match-bit of blood and thunder end to end stuff.Murphy's penilty was well taken, Big Kam's goal was a cracker-thought the roof was coming off the hammey end at one point!
    We could have won it,but Rovers are a good team and I honestly think it's 1point gained rather than 3 points lost.

And just a quick point-I spent about 15 minutes today directing Yanks to the ground,did you hire a Jumbo jet and come over mob handed or somthing????
    all joking apart there seemed that there was loads of you there-more the better i say, welcome home boy's(and girls)

18. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Well, I'm hoarse from shouting at my DVR! I had an afternoon gig today and set my DVR for the match. I groaned through the first half and then, suddenly, a half-time commercial for a serie A match jumped into the 83rd minute! I still haven't seen the four goals. I guess I'll try to watch it live tonight at 10 central [1050 or so for second half].

I guess I'm sort of pleased to have gotten the score right in my pregame, but I'm sorry we keep losing leads -- and I'm sorry we keep getting jobbed on offsides decisions.

I'm also sort of smiling as to how we went from 13th to 12th and now we're in a relegation struggle if we don't get points of ManU and Everton. Fulhamish.

19. americanmike

20. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Thanks, Mikey. How Emerton's goal was not disallowed is beyond me. The guy who headed on was clearly off side as the ball was crossed to him. Also, not sure what Davis and PK were doing on the last goal, but you've got to hand it to the dude who passed to Warnock.

Fulhamish for sure.