FULHAM Vs. Arsenal [R]

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by americanmike, Nov 26, 2006.

1. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

A disappointing loss to Reading could be forgiven if a we grab a result from the match on Wednesday. We'll do much better with 11 men this time...

I have faith in the team, and in Cookie, to come out guns blazing...we really have nothing to lose do we?! One thing we have to do with Arsenal is thrown them around a bit...get in there face and be physical. In past years we haven't done this but with Brown in the midfield now, I think we can do it.

My preferred line up:

Niemi

Volz -- Boca -- Knight -- Liam

Routledge -- Bouba -- Brown -- Boa

McBride -- Helguson

Thats the way I WANT the midfield to look but I wouldn't be against who I think Cookie will choose:

Radz -- Jensen -- Brown -- Boa

Come on Fulham...

2. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Aresnal lost to Bolton, I don't see them dropping points 2 games in a row. I expect Arsenal to come out for a win and nothing else, and Fulham will look decent in a tough loss.

My preferred line-up:
    Niemi
    Volz--Boca--Knight--Liam
    Routledgde--Jensen--Brown--Boa
    McBride--CJ

DCH's prediction: 1-3 Arsenal
    DCH's mom's prediction (for those in the chatroom, yesterday): 1-1 draw

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I agree with our peerless leader [mostly]. The teams that do best against Arsenal are those teams that make them fight for every inch of ground. If you sit back and watch these guys, they'll kill you. Our forwards and midfielders have to get in their faces and stay there. If anyone watched the Bolton v. Arsenal match on Saturday, you saw what I'm talking about.

I like the Routledge for Radz [I think our Canadian is only good for about 60 minutes a week and he's already had that], but I'd prefer Jensen for Papa. Although Papa can be a presence, he was the one player yesterday who didn't put it about at all. Up front, I think we need to give CJ a run with HH in ready reserve. So

The Superhero
    Liam -- Zat -- Boca -- Liam
    Routledge -- Jensen -- Brown -- Boa
    The Brian -- CJ [HH ready at a moment's notice]

If we show our 2nd half aggression and determination from the git, I think we can beat these humpties.

Added notes: 1. If Thierry Henry were going to be able to play this week at all, don't you think he'd have featured against Bolton? 2. WATCH OUT FOR FABREGAS!

COYW!!!! Get some Gunners

4. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

does anyone know what station is airing it here in europe? i cannot seem to find a pub here that is going to be showing it.

5. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I feel Fulham will play with a lot of energy and passion tomorrow, but I do not think it will be enough. Arsenal comes into this match having lost over the weekend in embarassing fashion and will be looking to get back to winning ways at the hands of Fulham. I honestly fear Wednesday's match. I don't think it is going to be pretty for Fulham supporters, but I hope I am wrong.

6. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Okay, this isn't good. FSC's crawl just said that Henry will be back on the pitch on Wednesday.

Henry AND Fabregas. Could be trouble.

7. GaryBarnettFanClub

GaryBarnettFanClub New Member

The game is not live on UK television. There does not appear to be live radio covarge either, BBC London, FiveLive and SportExtra are not carrying the game.

8. Buchanan

Buchanan New Member

Who knows, maybe if they play the first half as well as they did against Reading (minus the foul of course), they can pull off atleast a tie.

If nothing else I think McBride is due for a goal

9. AmericanBob

AmericanBob New Member

The play against Reading was in good form but I think that bogus red card thru them off the mark. The tackle was a valid reason for a penalty shot but the red card was not called for, and after that the whites carried on and took a few good shots but nothing clicked and down we went, BUT now comes a chance to restore our esteem not to mention a few much needed points ... Come On You Whites!!!

10. Optimizer

Optimizer New Member

Fulham plays Arsenal on Fox Soccer Channel at 5 PM, EST.

I just want to see Fulham give a full effort. I turned off my TV showing Fulham to go see Brian Leonard's last game in Piscataway, NJ just as Pearce fouled Doyle and got sent off. Needless to say, I'm surprised Reading only got 1 on a 10-man Fulham.

I'm...worried about this game now that Henry will be involved. I just hope the team just does their best, as lame as that sounds. I have no idea how this will turn out, but it doesn't look so good for Fulham.

11. psand22

psand22 Member

I don't care which team is coming to the Cottage. I think Cookie will have them ready to go. I've enjoyed the inspired play with all of the injuries and this game will be no different. We are due, for a few breaks and we'll get a result this Wed.

Niemi
    Volz - Boca - Knight - Liam
    Rout - Jensen - Brown - Boa
    McBride - CJ

12. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

We probably won't get a result and with the way Arsenal played against Bolton we could get embarressed as they surely can't play like that again. Arsenal to win 4-1 with Henry playing well.

13. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

----------------Nemi------------
    Volz-------Boca----Knight-----Liam
    ----------Jensen---Brown
    ---Routledge------------Boa
    ---------------McBride----------
    ---------------John---------

Tough tough game for us. Nemi must be super.

14. GaryBarnettFanClub

Good optimism from FFC24 4-1 defeat!!! Last season I think we lost 4-1 at home and 4-0 away, we have never won against the Arse in the premiership, I don't even think we have a draw.

I like psand22 and Spencer's team a lot. It is hard on Liam as he has played well in his natural position, but left back will be his. Jensen will need to put himself about and Boa should be up for it against and old club.

15. DCDave

DCDave Member

We did draw Arsenal in 2004, 0-0. I remember that match because my wife and I were the only Fulham fans in a bar full of Arsenal supporters and EVS had an amazing game in goal.

That being said, I'm very pessimistic about tomorrow's game. The lack of midfielders is killing us and Arsenal will be fired up. I'd take a draw, but I don't think that will happen.

It would be very Fulhamish, though, for the boys to surprise us with a big win. The last couple of years, when we think they're down and out, they have a knack for coming up with the big game.

I'm not going to predict a score; I'll leave that to our FUSA swami, DCH!

16. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Injuries, red cards, earthquakes, tsunamis, locust. No matter. We are gonna line 'em up and give the Arse a go. And maybe, just maybe, shock some people.

http://uk.sports.yahoo.com/28112006/1/f ... clash.html

My line-up:

----------------------------- Niemi -----------------------------

-- Volz ----- Christenval ------ Knight (C) ----- Rosenior --

------------- Brown ------------------------ Diop --------------
    --- Routledge ------------- Claus ----------------- Radz -----

----------------------- John -------------------------------------

Bench:
    McBride
    Boa Morte
    Helguson
    Zakuani
    Czech Keeper

Final: Fulham 1 - 1 The Arse

(Note: Don't like 4-5-1, but since we can't have 12 on the field, start John, insert McBride or Helguson as needed.)

17. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Brillant, with 12 men instead of 11 we might get a draw. :wink:

18. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

I told you people would be SHOCKED!

No wonder I liked that line-up so much. Editing now.

19. GaryBarnettFanClub

The middle four is more likely:

--- Routledge ------------- Claus --------Brown ---------Boa Morte (C) -----

I would not drop Boa, even if he has played bad so far. How many times have out of form players come back to haunt a previous club?

20. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

I cannot wait for Boa to go away. To me, he is a symbol of the "I in team", dissapointments of the past. I'm prepared for a whole new generation of gutsy, grind it out if they have to, 110% players. Boa doesn't fit the bill, and Diop and John may not either.