Fulham v. Wigan [R]

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by americanmike, Oct 26, 2006.

1. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

We'll have some yanks in the stands and Craven Cottage is nearly sold out. Now lets hope the weather continues to improve and the boys put up the effort of the season to snatch all three points.

Niemi

Liam -- Knight -- Pearce -- Queudrue

Radz -- Bouba -- Brown -- Routledge

McBride -- Helguson

Bench:
    John
    C. Jensen
    Boca
    Volz
    Jan

Its going to be hard to figure out where to put Brown, Bouba and Jensen since they all play the middle.

COYWs

2. DCDave

DCDave Member

1) What do you all think about Jensen in for Diop?

2) We'll be listening for you on GJ's broadcast. I expect to hear some American accents among the chants! :D

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Even if the Wardrobe is better, I think I'd like to start him on the bench in favor of Jensen. Let him feel a little hunger. Also, I'd keep Voltz at the ready in case Liam gets disconnected.

When you next have a chat with Cookie, ask him to keep HH and BMB up front for the next 9 matches to see what happens.

I won't get a chance to hear the cheers or even follow along in the chat room because I'll be away on a religious retreat from Friday to Sunday. But I'll wear my Fulham USA shirt on Saturday, and I'll be thinking about all you folks living large at the Cottage. I'm just wondering what "the referee's a wanker" sounds like coming from a "skinny chick" from Maryland!

Have fun, and GET SOME WIGAN!!!!

4. GaryBarnettFanClub

GaryBarnettFanClub New Member

I am very excited as I am taking my 2 youngest sons for the first time. It will cost a fortune in replica kit, but it wll force them to be Fulham fans for the rest of their lives. Well worth it.

Diop could be important if he fights for us, since they are not likely to come and play silky flowing footie. Likewise Brown's kick'em and kick'em again approach could be veru useful too.

I recon it will be a cagey kind of game which will see us unlock them in the middle of the match before scoring a couple late on 3-0 us.

COYW

5. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Don, I'm shocked that you would think that I'm the type of girl to say such things. :twisted:

I won't be saying such things as long as the ref behaves himself and makes the proper calls. :wink:

6. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Well, this only could be a good thing:

[​IMG]

7. GaryBarnettFanClub

DCHeather, If you go to the ground and don't partake you will be missing out, although since I will have kids with me I will employ the cleaner version 'The referees mistaken!'

The same works with 'We are fulham, we are fulham, we are fulham, FFC, we are fulham, super fulham, we are fulham, FORGET chelsea'.

8. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

Niemi
    Liam Knight Pearce Que
    Routledge Diop Brown Radz
    B-Mac HH

9. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

so is there no tv for this game? I don't see it on Setanta or Fox Soccer Channel. boo!!!!!!

10. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

No TV omsdogg. We really can't complain though as the next five matches are on TV.

11. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

However, the FUSA Matchday Chat will be in full effect, minus the Heather's extraordinary play-by-play :( .

I'm sure someone with FulhamTV will pick up the baton and run with it, right? :3d nervous:

My line-up:

------------------- Niemi ----------------------

-- Liam -- Knight -- Pearce -- Queudrue --

Routledge -- Jensen -- Brown -- Radzinski

---------Helguson ----- McBride-------------

Bench:
    John
    Diop
    Boca
    Volz
    Jan

Final Score: Fulham 3-1 Wigan

12. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

That's true...looking forward to every one of them too! A win would put us in the top 6 depending on other outcomes, correct?

13. SCFulhamFan

SCFulhamFan Active Member

I can't wait for the game and as stated the game won't be on TV, but will be looking forward to the chat room. COYW!

14. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Technically, we could move all the way to 5th, but there would have to be many goals scored by us, and many goals scored by Everton's and Portsmouth's opponents.

15. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

We could jump up to sixth. However, Villa would have to lose, Everton would have to lose and we would have to win 10-0 to match Everton on points and goal differential.

I would say at this point we just need to win. It would make for a great October and as I said way back when, October was the key to this season. We could finish off the month with eight points if we win. That would be great. I just hope the players go out there, give it their all and get a good result.

16. Optimizer

Optimizer New Member

Wigan is coming off a 4-0 beatdown of That Other Manchester Team, You Know, Those Guys, so I'm a bit wary that Wigan is going to catch hot and drop crosses and shots on Fulham.

That said, if Fulham's back 4 can play as well as they did against Aston Villa and the team improves at attacking & finishing in the opponent's end, they should win.

Oh yeah, please, please, please keep Collins John away from the field unless absolutely necessary.

COYW!

P.S. I think this game is happening at 10 AM EST?

17. rumstove

rumstove New Member

mmm, C.Jensen or Diop, Jensen or Diop? I would almost go with Jensen, but maybe Diop will be better. Other than that, I like AmericanMike's lineup.

Lawro has the game down as a draw, 1 all. I'm hoping he's wrong and we get 3 points. Go Superhero Niemi! Go Fulham! Go FUSAers at the match!

18. GaryBarnettFanClub

On the radio: The Fulham game is not being carried by BBC London this week, BBC Manchester are bringing it. I don't know if they will block US traffic but if you want comentary it is worth a go.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/manchester/local_radio/ :D

19. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Thanks GBFC! I think BBC will likely block US IP addresses, but it is worth a go.

20. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

There has to be some way around that. Fog???