Fulham v Spurs

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by omsdogg, Aug 30, 2007.

1. jmh

jmh New Member

I would like to apologize to all of you. I am having a tremendously bad, unlucky week, and I am afraid that it will rub off on Fulham's chances of picking up points on Saturday. I take full responsibility in the event of a loss.

2. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

amidst all the transfers, and champions league, and landycakes raising the dead, and knight busted for heroin i forgot all about spurs!

it'll be a home win for fulham. spurs still dont have their crap together, and i want BLOOD for last february's fa cup debacle that kickstarted our long, long losing streak.

see all in the chatty chat room.

3. BC

BC New Member

I hate to be pessimistic, but I think we'll lose 2-1 or 3-1. Spurs played well against ManU and probably should have won. We may give them a good fight at first, but I think we'll fall behind as the match progresses.

Then again, this being Fulham, we'll probably beat them 3-0 because we're not supposed to.

4. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Please let this weekend be FULHAMISH

5. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

I'm feeling very pessimistic about this match...the way this week has been going for me why not end it with another kick to the gut. I say 2-0 Spurs. Sigh. Please let me be wrong, please!

6. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Wow, anyone else having a shitty week that I should know about before I head to the Cottage tomorrow and enjoy a few drinks?

Chin up! COYW's

7. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

Will Stefanovic be available for the match against Spurs this weekend? If so, I believe Fulham's chances to earn a point are far better than without him. Completely stoked to have him in the side and nice signing at the end of the window LS.

Come on you Whites... it would be devistating to lose four out of the first five matches.

8. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

Re: RE: Re: RE: Fulham v Spurs

well than they'll be yanks of the best variety, wish it were me :3d crying: :x :3d crying:

9. cottagerinmemphis

cottagerinmemphis New Member

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Fulham v Spurs

3-1 Fulham

...my wife is a Spurs fans and I would appreciate some bragging rights around the house!!! Come on Fulham!!!

10. nmancini04

nmancini04 New Member

Who do you think gets the captain's armband this weekend? Do we know who got it in the Carling Cup match midweek?

11. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

Bocanegra would be my guess for the Captain's armband.

Anyone goint to stop by the Chatroom for the match?

12. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I'll be there for the first half at least. See you there.

13. quickdraw

quickdraw New Member

Sadly my U-12 girls team has a scrimmage tomorrow at the same time. So I'll just be recording it on my DVR and watching it before heading off to my parents' house for the weekend. I'm hoping to be able to make the drive in a good mood.

Let's go, Fulham!!!

14. Lyle

Lyle New Member

I will probably be in the chat room listening to GJ. Otherwise I'm off to a pub to watch the match live (don't have FSC).

15. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

Can't make it to the chatroom TofM. I will have to Tivo this match cuz I'm going to be doing my Fantasy Football (NFL) draft at the same time. I am happy to say however that I have my DirecTV back and my FSC. will wait til Fulham play on Setanta before I bring it back. oh...one more thing...post #600. i'm slowly rising. :)

16. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

actually...now that I think of it...if the restaurant we are going to has or any of the surrounding business's have wireless internet, I may stop in during our draft to check on the score. so maybe I will be seeing you guys there. Can I just say I was impressed w/ the # of people in the chatroom for the 2 matches I logged on for?

17. jmh

jmh New Member

That'd be pretty awesome if Boca were the next choice for skipper. Would say a lot about the competitive drive of the Yanks in the squad, I think.

18. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

According to TV, Niemi is back and will start and Stepanovich will be in the squad. Could be no Americans starting!

19. WVfulhamfan

WVfulhamfan New Member

I would think that Boca would play along side Stefanovic in the middle, with Baird and Konchesky on the outside. I don't believe Hughes and Christanval are fit yet, and I wouldn't think Pearce would start over Carlos. Unless Lawrie wants to re-work the defence and bring Voltz into the starting lineup.

20. Optimizer

Optimizer New Member

Yay, the game will be on TV and I'll actually remember to get up for it this time. Apologies for missing the last two - though it sounds like perhaps it was best I didn't see/hear it live. I'm pretty impressed that by the end of the window, Fulham has made a total of...what, 11, 12 new players?

Anyway, I think it's safe to say this game certainly won't be easy for Fulham. Well, they never are, really; but this one is especially difficult. While the Spurs have started just as poorly, on paper they are certainly a very talented squad. They have every reason to come out with anger, with rage, with a burning fire to get points and try and be the Big Four busters so many pundits and fans think they are. Fulham can not be intimidated at any point in this match. I'm not saying damn the torpedos and play long ball or bomb it to the corners for 90 minutes; but the Whites have got to stand tall even if Tottenham gets one first. Show no fear, mark Berbatov as if he's got free money on his shorts, and take advantage of any and all counter attacking opportunities.

If Fulham can do that, I think they can get a crucial point out of this one. COYW!