Fulham v Reading

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by SoCalJoe, Oct 23, 2015.

1. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

How do we know everyone is feeling less than confident? When Friday rolls around and nobody has started a match thread yet. Reading has been terrific away, Fulham has been mediocre at home. O'Hara is out due to accumulation of yellows, he has my vote for POY so far. Add in our home support has the knives out for Kit and this could be ugly. Oh and it's a strange 5:30 left coast start time...

BarryWhite likes this.
  2. sacffc

sacffc Well-Known Member

It's been Fulhamish lately -- an unexpected point on the road against a top team followed by a disappointing point at home against a team below us. I hope the Fulhamish trend continues and we get something positive out of this one.

3. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

Good call Joe. Hoping to see a midfield with Tunni & LVC in the middle, Fredericks on the right and Cairney on the left. I expect we'll see the usual setup with Parker in for O'Hara though.

I'd also like to see us take the game to Reading but I know better than to expect that. So hopefully the Royals aren't really up for this one. Our local fans should be happy though. Khan will be there & according to many that matters a lot...for some reason.

4. ChicagoCottager

ChicagoCottager Active Member

I sound like a broken record, but this really is a must win for Kit. Lose, and I think he's looking for work before next Saturday.

As far as the team selection goes, we need to shake things up. Here's what I would go with:

[​IMG]

5. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

O'Hara was a passenger on Wednesday from what I could hear. I like Matt's suggestion of Tunnicliffe and LVC in the center.

I like our chances tomorrow, by the way. in the last 180 minutes, we've conceded one goal -- via a very questionable penalty. I think we've righted the ship defensively, and a little more nuance in the attack will see us rise gently up the table.

2-0 to us. See youse in the chatroom at 0730 South Texas Substandard Time -- if we're not floating out to the Gulf by then.

6. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

This league has proven to be darn near impossible to predict. Perhaps some fresh faces (and legs) in midfield can unlock the door to livlier, more positive play than we've seen the last few outings. Which is to say we'll probably play our socks off and end up with a Fulhamish 2-2 result. I still like our odds with the big kid Burn in there.

7. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

A Fulhamish result indeed.

Were the Jacksonville Jaguars Cheerleaders there again? I saw some Jaguars players were on site. If so, we've got a +6 goal differential when they are visiting. Maybe we do need cheerleaders.

EDIT: My son tells me the Jags cheerleaders were at the Leeds game too. So they aren't always bringing goals, but still no losses.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2015
  8. SoCalJoe

4 second half goals?? Just another wacky day in the Championship :confused: Well done lads!!!

9. jumpkutz

10. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

tasty!!!!

11. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

12. jimsig

jimsig Active Member

I'll take those 3 points.

encorespanish, SoCalJoe and HatterDon like this.
  13. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

I absolutely love the third goal. Cairney makes a great steal, feeds it to Dembele who in turn makes a beautiful pass to Kacaniklic for a great finish (just put it in the net, no need for a thundering shot).

encorespanish likes this.
  14. ChicagoCottager

ChicagoCottager Active Member

Happy for the boys and for Kit. Now the test is to see if we can put a couple results together. Great chance to do that Saturday against a very beatable Bristol City team.

15. jumpkutz

Feared the worst after their second goal early in the second half. Great testament to the character of the side the suits have managed to assemble to not only come back, but come back so emphatically. Gives me hope that they can steer the ship in a more postitive direction from this point. At least that's the hope. Just gonna enjoy watching THESE highlights for the coming week...over and over and over. I think the key play was McCormack's turn and burn for our first goal. That really came out of nowhere, very unexpected. Appeared to stun the visitors a bit and we jumped on 'em from there until they couldn't realize what was happening. Nice to feel good again about our team.

16. SoCalJoe

And I thought our bumblebee kits were bad....those lavender unis worn by Reading have to win top prize for worst of the season.

jumpkutz likes this.
  17. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

Here's the full 90, but you only need to really watch from 50:20 to 58:20

18. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

Great fight back, but it begs the question why it's so uncommon for this side to take the initiative. I'd love to be optimistic after that...but QPR.