Fulham v. Man City

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by nmancini04, Sep 19, 2007.

1. nmancini04

nmancini04 New Member

I think it's about time for some chatter about this match. City have proven to be a formidable side so far this season, so this will be a tough matchup. But I really think the Whites have played well and been on the wrong side of some bad luck, so I think we have a chance, especially at home. What do you guys think?

Here's my lineup:
    ----------Niemi-------------
    Baird---Hughes--Boca---PK
    Davies--Davis--Smertin--Seol
    ------Deuce------Healy-----

Bench:
    Keller
    Stefanovic
    Murphy
    Cook
    Kamara

Deuce is hot right now and I think Healy deserves a start. I'd like to see Bouazza out of the lineup...I've made no secret that he hasn't impressed me so far (although Sanchez seems to like him so he'll probably play).

I'm going to be out of town for the match, but I hope to catch some commentary online.

2. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

Here's my lineup:
    ----------Niemi-------------
    Baird---Hughes--Boca---Konch
    Seol--Davis--Smertin--Kamara
    ------Deuce------Healy-----

I believe this gives us our best attacking formation, though requires Davis and Smertin to play more of a holding role.

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

The key to defeating Citeh is making Micah Richards DEFEND; if we allow him to supplement the attack, he'll kill us. We need a strong presence on the left wing to keep him at home. I think we have to go with Boazza.

------------ Niemi ---------------
    Baird -- Hughes -- Boca -- PK
    Davies -- Davis -- Smertin -- Boazza
    ----- Duece -- Kamara ---

Bench: Keller, Volzy, Stefanovich, Seol, Healy

Interesting that we're now at the point where we have to leave talented, fit players out because we have so many!

I'm liking us to kick some serious ass FFC 3 -- Citeh 1

4. quickdraw

quickdraw New Member

There is no doubt this will be a tough match. But I think we can easily pull off a tie, if not a surprise win. The tables look bloated because we haven't been able to seal the deal in terms of wins, but don't think for a second Fulham is a pushover this year!

My lineup -

--------- Niemi ---------
    NOT Baird -- Hughes -- Carlito -- Konchesky
    Davies -- Davis -- Smertin -- Seol
    ----- Duece O'Mighty -- Healy ------

Bench: Keller, Baird, Volzy, Kamara and Boazza

Score: 3 - 2, with goals from Duece, Healy and Seol. And a PK given by Baird.

5. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

Lineup Prediction:
    ------------ Niemi ---------------
    Baird -- Hughes -- Boca -- Konchesky
    Davies -- Davis -- Smertin -- Bouazza
    ----- Dempsey -- Kamara ---

Would like to see Volzy get a start now. He looked down in the dumps when I walked passed him on Fulham High St. last Saturday. Love his work rate and his style of defending. Not always the most affective manner of defense, but I believe he would be an improvement over Baird at this time.

Hoping for a good result as this will be my first premier league match. Fulham should give City a good run. Dempsey... wouldn't mind to see a brace with Smertin unleashing a thunderbolt from 25 yards out to win 3-0.

A realist prediction is... Fulham 1-2 City. (Hope I'm wrong)

6. Lyle

Lyle New Member

On paper Man City should win this... but I think being at home Fulham can at least draw, maybe even win. I don't think I've predicted a win yet this season, but I will this week. Man City is superb on defense but not unbeatable (Schmeichel is actually kind of shaky) and their offense isn't yet as potent as Arsenal's or Tottenham's. They are actually lacking a definitive striker. Bianchi and Mpenza haven't scored in a while. Bianchi didn't even start in the Villa game. All their goals are coming from the attacking midfield. So Fulham can probably hang and score at least once.

1-0 Fulham upset.

7. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

this should be a really interesting match. they've only scored 5 goals (2 came on opening day), we've scored 9. they've only given up 2, we've given up 11.

that said, I WANT BLOOD for last season's debacles. those two matches were completely inexcusable. it makes me so happy to know that we're the only epl club corrardi scored against. no really, it does.

here's my (first) line up.

Niemi
    Baird--Hughes--Boca--PK
    Davies--Davis--Smertin--Seol
    Demp--Kamara

Bench:
    Keller
    Volzy
    Kuqi
    Booze
    Healy

2-1 Fulham. Or so I pray to God.

I really want this.

8. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

I agree with Lyle, Schmeichel is a shaky keeper. I Predict Fulham will capitalize on that and we'll get a 2 -1 win.

9. WVfulhamfan

WVfulhamfan New Member

I totally agree with both of you. Schmeichel has been receiving a lot of praise, but to me he has looked very shakey and somewhat lucky at times.

I would like to see Seoul and Healy start and possible Murphy. Hopefully Deuce will keep up his hot form.

10. Fulhamburger

Fulhamburger New Member

Fulham earn a point 1-1...is my prediction

Goal - Healy (22')

City equalize in the last 10 minutes

11. BC

BC New Member

Pessimisticallly, I'd say being Fulham, we'll go up 1-0 and Citeh will get a late goal on a stupid penalty or a missed offsides call and we'll draw, once again.

Optimistically, I say we win 2-1 because after said penalty or missed offsides, Smertin rifles another long ball that deflects off a Citeh defender and trickles into the net.

Keller
    Hughes-Stefano-Boca-Konch
    Davies-Davis-Smertin-Seol
    Deuce-Healy

12. jmh

jmh New Member

KK is featured in a front page article on the club website about Saturday's game. Does that mean LS is going to play him? I wouldn't imagine so, but stranger things have happened.

We can beat these guys. Not saying we will, but we can.

I'd like to see:
    Niemi
    Volz - Hughes - Boca - Konch
    Davies - Davis - Smertin - Seol
    Deuce - Kamara

Keller
    Baird
    Murphy
    Bouazza
    Kuqi

13. general125

general125 New Member

I see Fulham going up 1-0 in the second half on a Dempsey goal. City can't score goals this year, so hopefully this shouldn't be another game with a fulhamish ending.

14. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

3 points, don't care how, don't care why, don't care if its luck, don't care about the final score, JUST GET FREAKIN THE 3 POINTS!!!

15. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Great match preview from ChicagoTom. I'm so ready for Citeh. Get Some!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Thanks Don! Should be a good match! I will be up in Minneapolis this weekend. Spencer and I will be watching the match together at one of the downtown pubs in Minneapolis. Should be a good time!

17. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Like Don's line-up.

FFC 3 - 2 Mancs

18. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

As much as I'd like to see Volzy get a go, Baird played a decent game last week so I can't see it hapening. Bouazza in a combnation of stupidity and laziness cost us the win last week so I suspect LS will tell him to take a seat.

------------Nemi---------
    Baird--Hughes--Boca--Konc
    ---------Smertin--------------
    Davies-------------Seol
    ---------Demps---------
    -----Healy--------Dio

I feel a little sqeamish about this one.

2-1 Citeh

19. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Good point about Bouazza. He has been rather sucky (term of art) lately.

Let's show that this squad has some Seol.

20. fulhamvt

fulhamvt New Member

I think if we can pump high crosses in from the flanks and win a bunch of corners we can win this. That would be my gameplan. Schmeical(sp) to me is very week on the high crosses and makes poor decisions. It is only because of an organized back four and a bit of luck City is not bottom of the table. If Fulham can do that than I say we win 2-0. Realisticly 1-1 Draw. This would have been a good game for the Mcbride Heally Combo. As much as I want deuce in there we need a striker who will battle for the high ball and a poacher to finnish the knock downs. COYW's