Fulham v Ipswich

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by MicahMan, Dec 14, 2015.

1. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

This is tomorrow! We've allowed The Donald to distract us from the most important thing here - Fulham Football!

Ipswich spent a few early weeks in the #1 spot, but they were hanging around mid-table for much of the season. They've had a good November and combined with a win on Saturday they climbed to 6th. Recently they've only lost to playoff teams Hull and Middlesbrough. Unfortunately for us they are also better on the road than at home so a difficult match likely awaits us on Tuesday. On the plus side their recent wins were almost entirely versus teams at the bottom of the table. Do we dare hope for more than our fourth draw in five matches?

SoCalJoe likes this.
  2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

but not on television?

3. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Micah, to your question we've been Fulham fans long enough to know that hoping for anything more than a draw is a dare :rolleyes:

While Ipswich has been good away from home, I do take a glimmer of hope that this is their 2nd straight away game (even better that's within 3 days), while our boys have gotten to stay home. Have a sneaky feeling that Fulham take all 3 points...I do have some Scottish blood in me:

nevzter and MicahMan like this.
  4. astroevan

astroevan Well-Known Member

The upside is that if we draw all of our remaining matches, we won't likely be relegated.

SoCalJoe likes this.
  5. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Ahh, the Tractor Boys. They sit 6th. Fulham: 17th. Thus, here we go:

6. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

All I know is that Fulham will be going for 3 points, just hoping they get 'em.

AggieMatt and SoCalJoe like this.
  7. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

The lack of responses to the loss speaks volumes. Apparently Emerson was a very bright spot on an otherwise pedestrian performance. 3 points out of the 5 matches since Rigg exclaimed to the world 'I'm in charge, all I need is a lackey 'er Head Coach to roll the balls out at practice, I'm far too busy not signing our best youngsters to deals.' Dropping like a stone and away to Bolton who even at rock bottom of the division has to be considered the favorite to grab a lifeline and all 3 points Saturday. What should Fulham fans expect for the foreseeable future?;

encorespanish and MicahMan like this.
  8. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Our goal was flukey and, even though we had more of just about everything statistically, we couldn't get another. People everywhere are quoting Sean Davis saying that Khan has to get the checkbook out and sign Moyes. What people AREN'T quoting him as saying was that unlike most front-running pairs in this league, Moussa and Ross don't pressure the ball at turnovers. In other words, our first line of defense is absent, and our defense is constantly under pressure. This is one of the reasons why I would like to see Woodrow get game time. At least he plays a complete game.

Oh, and this just in: I guess Kit wasn't the totality of our problems ... gee, imagine that.

9. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

Who ever said he was? If we were to eliminate everyone who contributes to the totality of our problems we probably wouldn't have a club left.

Problem is we're not good at defending & it's going to take more than 2 games to get that turned around. Unfortunately for Kit, he couldn't do it in 19 (assuming we give him a pass on last year). But someone, at some point, has to if the club has any hopes of promotion.

10. ChicagoCottager

ChicagoCottager Active Member

Even with Kit gone, we play far too open. This is a team that doesn't know how remain compact defensively and keep attackers in front of them. That goal after 17 seconds was a prime example. Burn comes charging out and gets toasted.

It's going to take a very talented tactical manager to fix this team's shape.

11. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

I agree. And more talent in the squad as well.

12. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

We're doomed! ;)