Fulham v Citizens

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by FulhamAg, Mar 19, 2010.

1. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

Looks like it's on FS+ (which I now have in HD as of today) on Sunday at 11:30 am EDT.

After yesterday, anything seems possible. I haven't even looked at what Citeh have done lately but I'll go with 2-1 for the good guys.

COYW!

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I'm with you on the prediction.

By the way, that 1130 looks like a half-hour tape delay.

3. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

i'm still walkin' on sunshine...but, does the momentum continue or does the squad hit a wall? i suspect roy may actually change things up, depending on fitness, for this one.

i see a draw...and i'll still be walkin' on sunshine...

COYW

4. BarryP

BarryP New Member

After the win on Thursday this may be a tough match to get up for emotionally or then again they may be to high to be contained. I have no idea what will happen come Sunday but I know I am grinning from ear to ear still today.

5. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

I'm done doubting anymore. Since we're not traveling out of town on thurs. I think we'll have a similar lineup as always (maybe out hold Brede). Would love the 3 points, but next Thursday is the next "biggest game of the season"

6. NewYorkCottagerAbroad

NewYorkCottagerAbroad New Member

Yes, I think we could honestly agree that the FA Cup 6th round replay at Spurs is a bit more important than City at home. Roy even said that his priorities are the cups now that we are virtually guaranteed safety. I think Roy might just freshen up the side a bit so that our key men are ready to make us FA Cup Semifinalists!

7. NewYorkCottagerAbroad

NewYorkCottagerAbroad New Member

Yes, I think we could honestly agree that the FA Cup 6th round replay at Spurs is a bit more important than City at home. Roy even said that his priorities are the cups now that we are virtually guaranteed safety. I think Roy might just freshen up the side a bit so that our key men are ready to make us FA Cup Semifinalists!

8. BarryP

BarryP New Member

Fulham starting XI
    1 Schwarzer
    3 Konchesky
    6 Baird
    18 Hughes
    26 Smalling
    11 Gera
    13 Murphy
    16 Duff
    20 Etuhu
    29 Davies
    25 Zamora

Substitutes
    2 Kelly
    7 Shorey
    9 Okaka
    17 Riise
    19 Zuberbuhler
    23 Dempsey
    27 Greening

Citeh starting XI
    1 Given
    5 Zabaleta
    19 Lescott
    28 Toure
    33 Kompany
    11 Johnson, A
    18 Barry
    24 Vieira
    14 Santa Cruz
    32 Tevez
    39 Bellamy

Substitutes

4 Onuoha
    7 Ireland
    8 Wright-Phillips
    12 Taylor
    15 Garrido
    16 Sylvinho
    34 de Jong

9. morry32

morry32 New Member

the handball that wasn't called was horrid

10. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Heck with it -- still too pumped over Juve to care.

Some guys are starting to look tired though.

11. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Not too upset about the loss, but it was winable.

Bright spot for me was 'kaka. Thought he scared the bejesus out of Citeh. He worked well with the other players; I hope we see more of him.

12. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I also liked the look of Okaka, and thought he linked well with Deuce. Speaking of, our boy looks back to fitness for me.

13. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

Completely missed this match due to a volunteer event, but just saw the MOTD2 highlights and, well, meh.

City NEEDED this one, we're caught in between two key matches. Sucks, but I'll take it.

Oh, and still no goals conceded in the second half!

14. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

Talk about a hangover. Given the matches this is sandwiched between I'm not too upset by it. Besides, we had a chance to pull out the draw in the end despite the first half.

That said, if anyone needed a reminder as to why Chris Baird had the piss taken out of him by the fans a few years ago, he gave a reminiscent performance today. When he wasn't giving the ball away and giving up on plays, Bellamy was abusing him. Hell, Zamora tracked back to save him on one play. Surely Shorey can play right back.

The entire back four except Hughes were crap. Etuhu wasn't much better.

I liked what Okaka brought to the table but he needs to put away his chances or he won't get many more. Roy looked like he was trying to rip his face off after that one miss. Dempsey looked good again....time to get him back in the starting XI.

On to Spurs and hopefully the FA Semis.

15. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

coulda been worse. How? Our next Europa League opponent, Wolfsberg, played nearly-relegated Hertha Berlin AT HOME and got smoked 5-1. The VW Bugs played most of their players who featured v. Rubin Kazan.

And I don't think it's fair to trash our defense too much. The Ugliest Man in Football was on fire yesterday, and Bellamy was also seriously on form. Despite that, they got one very lucky goal and got nothing at all in the second half.

16. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

Since following Fulham, this is the first game I've seen us lose at home and I realized that I just didn't care that we lost.

It was a nice training session and we got a run out for some other players. Who cares about the result? We'll finish no better than 9th no matter how well we play and will finish no worse than 12th no matter how bad we play.

Wednesday, now THAT game matters and, unlike Spurs, we got to rest some players today.

17. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Only saw the few highlights on FSC. Glad to hear Okaka looked bright, but that's 2 really bad misses for the kid.

18. PaydayC4

PaydayC4 New Member

Tevez (aka Captain Caveman) plays attractive football and was a pain. Santa Cruz was a big thorn in our side. Our defensive wings were terrible and gave the ball away too much. The handball from Kompany was more obvious than the first one.

...but yeah, I'm okay with this loss because of what happened against Juventus.

(The game changed big time in our favor when Dempsey and Okaka came in. I would like to think that Gera and Zamora were a bit tired from the early part of the week. It'll be nice to get Murphy back for the last leg of the Wolfsburg matchup.)

19. Jensers

Jensers New Member

I fast forwarded thru the majority. I agree with you Andy - I didnt care about this result a whole lot.

I would have liked a draw to keep City at bay for #4, but I wasnt worried from a Fulham perspective.

20. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Chris, we'll have Murph back for BOTH legs. He was suspended for two matches -- away and home v. Juve