Fulham v Cardiff City

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by SoCalJoe, Aug 28, 2014.

1. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Not sure how or when, but I now have BeIN (still the dumbest name/spelling on the dial) and Fulham will actually be shown live. Hope to make the chat for my first glimpse of the team this year. No need to come up with any analysis other than get the 3 points.

2. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

This will be a tough test. I'm most curious to see if Magath and the team can take another step forward or if we go back to Felix Bingo. I'll be watching and in the chat room.

BarryWhite likes this.
  3. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

This is funny and spot on. Let's wait and see but I suspect the man with the spectacles will win bingo with A 14.

COYW

4. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

Don't know much about Cardiff (except that they're still owned by Vincent Tan, who's despised by the fan base). They do have Kenwyne Jones and Adam LeFronde, who have demonstrated some proclivity for scoring goals, so we'll see. Felix Bingo. That's good. I'll buy a few cards.

5. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I had hoped to watch live and sit in the chatroom, but there is now a memorial service at 1100 Saturday for a valued friend and former colleague. Thank goodness I have beIN Sports and I can watch it tape delayed -- most likely well after an early evening gig.

I have no idea how we'll do, but I'd give a lot to have a week without "Felix to lose his job" as the primary post in Fulham world.

6. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Really happy to see that the game is being shown at the 6:55 am (left coast time) instead of the 4:10 am time slot that Sheff Wed. and Forest occupy

7. tslyon

tslyon Member

Given how we have looked (been able to watch 3), there needs to be a drastic improvement in the final 3rd. When we have possession, we play a beautiful style. However, we never look threatening going forward. We look like we are on the edge of losing the ball every time. Need to find a way to make those final runs to finish off the play. This will be tough test and any positive result will awesome in my book. My two cents...

Cheers,

Steve

8. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Starting Line-ups:
    Screen Shot 2014-08-30 at 9.27.52 AM.png

Last edited: Aug 30, 2014
  9. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

It's been a rough morning for the kid. I had to forego the memorial service and am fighting to keep the gig tho afternoon alive. I missed the chatroom, but I did watch the match. I thought it was the best first half I've seen since Hughes's days. All the 2nd balls and all the loose balls were ours, and the passing was sublime. The only problem I had with the first 45 was that somebody has to talk to David and tell him that he's allowed to actually pass to a teammate on a free kick. Why the hell push Burn up if you're going direct for goal?

The second half was not as interesting. Cardiff scored against the run and neither side looked as strong as they might have. The exception was Machaeda, who almost turned the game on it's head.

That's as close to a view as you're going to get.

encorespanish likes this.
  10. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Well, it's a point...

11. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator