Fulham v. Bolton, CC round 3

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by HatterDon, Sep 24, 2007.

1. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Let's get it started. Unlike most Prem gaffers, LS doesn't want to "play the kids" in these matches, and I agree with him. But that doesn't mean that some of our first team squad shouldn't get a shout out. So, saying that, I'm looking for:

------------- Keller ----------------
    Volz -- Boca -- Hughes -- Konchesky
    Seol -- Murphy -- Davis -- Bouazza
    -------- Kamara -- Kuqi -----------

Bench: Warner, Stefanovich, Davies, John, Healy

Little Sam's boys will be tired from a Sunday match preceeded by a European pasting. I think he'll rest a lot of his first stringers. I like us about 3-0.

Please a CLEAN SHEET!!! And, also, a good match by Keller and Volz [perhaps followed by a nice run for each of them in the first team].

2. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

i agree with you don (wow, after saturday it looked like we were destined to be opposites!) in practically every respect.

except i would have healy start instead of kamara. healy works well off a big man, and kuqi is, well, a big man.

and bring in john in the second half. he scored for the reserves (woot!) so lets see what he can do.

3. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

I would play Stefanovich for Boca, just to give Boca a rest.

4. fulhamfaninMS

fulhamfaninMS New Member

I tell you what......Seol looked very good to me when he was put in against Man Citeh.......I look for him and Kamy to hook up for a couple against the vagabonds.

5. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I thought about that, Andy, but thought it might be better to give the Boca-Hughes pairing as much experience as possible. Anyhow, it won't surprise me if LS does just that.

6. nmancini04

nmancini04 New Member

Interesting lineup, Don. I like the idea of running Seol out on the right (even though I believe he's a natural LW, I read that he can play on both wings). I would like to see more of Healy, as well.

7. ormondroyd

ormondroyd New Member

Seol played on the right for Reading against us last year and ripped Quedrueue to pieces.

8. Fulhamburger

Fulhamburger New Member

3-1 to Fulham

Goals - Healy (9') Seol (21') Murphy (50')

9. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I definitely like the idea of Bouazza on the left and Seol on the right. The two were great on Saturday and with both of them in the game Fulham will have more space in the middle to operate with these creating havoc out wide.

I like our chances in this game but it will NOT be easy. I would love to see us stuff Bolton by two or three goals but I expect a closer match.

10. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Where's Dempsey? One game he doesnt score and he's off?

11. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

He spent 90 minutes with a gigantic Irishman and a gigantic Englishman crawling all over him Saturday. I imagine his bruises make him look a little like a Dalmatian today. Give him a day off and keep him fresh for the Scum match.

12. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

I agree - give Dempsey a rest; he'll be facing John Terry on Saturday.

13. BarryP

BarryP New Member

LS once again said he will field a very strong side for this match. I expect to see very few changes from this weekend.

14. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

------------- Keller ----------------
    Volz -- Boca -- Hughes -- Konchesky
    Seol -- Murphy -- Davis -- Bouazza
    -------- Kamara -- Kuqi -----------

The players bolded deserve their chance to shine and I am sure Little Same will be placing a fairly strong side on the pitch. This match means just as much to them as it does to us.

Both Murphy and Seol looked fantastic in their brief time on Saturday and I am hoping they continue to build on that wonderful start. I know Murphy botched his second attempt on goal, but he did score the equaliser. So I will cut him some slack.

Volzy needs the time to show that he is the solution (for the time being) to Fulham's RB woes. He needs a chance Lawrie, so give him one.

15. Morphsmate

Morphsmate New Member

Why Keller?
    Antti has not been in the best of form since his return from injury so surely we should give him as much game time as we can.
    On form he's a world class keeper and a potential match winner for us.

On a different note, I really hope LS gets as tired of Baird as the rest of us soon. Volzy all the way for me.
    Keller is a great reliable number 2 but his best days are a little way behind him now I feel.

16. Morphsmate

Morphsmate New Member

Um. Well I guess I said everything I wanted to say....Just not quite in the order I intended. Hmmm.

17. GaryBarnettFanClub

GaryBarnettFanClub New Member

Volzy is great value and will do anything for the team, but by buggery he just isn't a great defender. Liam was the best player in that posision and I am sorry he went. I don't think there is a lot to choose between Baird and Volz except that we all love our little German.

18. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

Is anyone planning on attending this match? I have a busy evening and might not be able to make it, but 15 pound tickets are nearly impossible to pass up.

19. quickdraw

quickdraw New Member

I like Don's line-up. Duece should rest this match, but should be on the sidelines just in case needed.

If Baird gets the start over Volzy, I will scream and my co-workers will stare at me.

I'll be in the chatroom here at work with anyone else. I'll be relegated to using Matchtracker and hoping for someone to keep me company.

:p

20. mcwarrior31

mcwarrior31 New Member

I agree with T-O-M, Volzy needs the chance to either prove that he belongs in the starting XI on a regular basis or not. If nothing else for the lone fact that his pace will help him recover if he is beaten(not likely). For me, Baird just looks to slow vs. the wings of this league.