Fulham USA MLS Fantasy League

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by DCDave, Mar 14, 2006.

1. DCDave

DCDave Member

Since the EPL Fantasy League has been so much fun, let's start a MLS one. The rules are similar to the EPL one--you have an amount of money to fill a team, and you can transfer players as the season continues.

The league is run by MLS, but you have to join The Sporting News web site to play. Here's the link:

http://click.mlsnet.com/ct/click?q=5b-5 ... GakJVbKvRR

The name of the league is "Fulham USA" (how original).

Good luck--I hope you all finish tied for 2nd! :)

2. Jux

Jux New Member

Thanks for setting this up. I just moved my team to your league

3. DCDave

DCDave Member

There are only two days left--until Saturday--to get in for the beginning of the season. Please join us!

4. rumstove

rumstove New Member

how many teams so far? I know close to nothing about MLS and MLS players, but I'm thinking of giving it a go.

5. rumstove

rumstove New Member

Well, it's quite possible my team will be lingering at the bottom of the table throughout the season but I'm in.

6. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Don't worry Rumstove, I've picked my team and I'm not even close to being satisfied. This is probably the toughest fantasy team I have ever had to decide...they certainly don't give you that much money to spend. All I can say is I hope that my MLS rookies play and put up some decent points.

7. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

After the first week, it seems a couple of people didn't complete their teams and didn't score any points, so if you're remotely interested in joining...you need not worry about being too behind or ending up in last place.

It seems AmericanMike is trying to get the first draft pick for next season.

8. rumstove

rumstove New Member

Re: RE: Fulham USA MLS Fantasy League

Being that you're at the top of the table with a team you aren't even happy with (I know, we're only one week into the season) you just might shred the rest of us to pieces if you ever do find a lineup you like. :D

and I agree...they could have given us managers a bit more spending money.

9. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Re: RE: Fulham USA MLS Fantasy League

Yeah, I had to gamble a bit and it did pay off. :D But the league is still wide open. Looking at the league leaders none of us, in our league, are even close to them.

BTW...I'm still not happy with my team. :wink:

10. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

RE: Re: RE: Fulham USA MLS Fantasy League

I see SkipJacks United II is leading. Man, she's good at this fantasy league!!

11. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Here are the standings after 6 weeks. I should note that the mighty SkipjacksUnitedII are ranked numer 1 in the league and 47th in the world overall. :wow: With the US Men setting up camp, things could become interesting (maybe).

1 SkipjacksUnitedII 3070
    2 E-Dogg 2340
    3 VA United 2280
    4 Stover FC 1920
    5 E-MO Yanks 1560
    6 Atlanta Silverbacks 1300
    7 Striking for Spencer 1290
    8 Long Island FC 1000
    9 West Bend Beavers 630
    10 TB Mutiny R.I.P. 0

12. rumstove

rumstove New Member

47th overall...well done Skipjacks. My team has some work to do.

What happened to my club's value? It's dropped to nearly nothing! Wow, player values change quick in this game.