Fulham - The dream lives on, but so do the tears.

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by pettyfog, May 11, 2008.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

We're on cloud nine, right now but let's not forget the little aggro moments that cause us all grief.

Right now the Official messageboard is down, and has been at least since the end of the match. Why is that.. because FFC admin is CHEAP!

Right now a book on the most beloved Fulham player ever is not for sale at the team shop, because Fulham is CHEAP! - they wanted 60% of proceeds and would only buy 40 at that.

Much as I despise crepe-hangers, I think it's important that we accept the warts of club management and realize Fulham will never be even consistently mid-table as long as they insist on acting like a 'mom&pop' little center-block shop.

2. Old_Bugger

Old_Bugger New Member

lets see our gentleman manager has done the great escape,lets just see if this is the nudge that moves the organisation of the club on a bit-lets enjoy the now and tomorrow is another day

3. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Fog, there will have to be another day when i have it in me to be angry at Fulham. Today just aint it.

4. RidgeRider

RidgeRider Member

There having a huge sale on all sorts of Fulham stuff on the off. site right now. Some real bargains. Maybe they shut the MB down to get people focused on reducing their 'swag' inventory levels and to help pay Hodgson bonus. :)

5. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Just trying to keep a little reality going, folks.

In honor of the great result, I'm on hiatus from political comment... though I'm at the near boil.
    And since I comment more on background than on-field stuff, what better way to vent a little spleen... we got Fulham, warts and all. Just itching a wart or two.

6. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Fog, I for one am glad to see that you stopped all this silly "I'm a jinx" crap and joined us four our 90 minutes of triumph this morning. A record crowd in the chatroom. Glad you were part of it, pard.

7. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Re: RE: Fulham - The dream lives on, but so do the tears.

I like that attitude Old Bugger.

8. Hard_Drinkin'_Lincoln

Hard_Drinkin'_Lincoln New Member

RE: Re: RE: Fulham - The dream lives on, but so do the tears

We've got to recognize where our position in the Premier League world is right now. We can't be the single-proprietor shop. But we can't be Chelski or ManUre either.

Take a look at Blackburn. Small town club. Rarely sell out the ground. Receives minimal investment in the transfer market. Yet they consistently make some incredible transfer moves each and every year. Santa Cruz was a bargain and as good a return on investment as you will ever see at this level.

Everton are another example. Second fiddle in Liverpool with an uncertain future with debt and a proposed ground move to Kirkby. But it always seems that Moyes finds quality from the Championship and keeps that club operating at a high level.

We have to play this game in the off-season the way they play it. That means better/smarter scouting from management in terms of potential players and more sound judgement from ownership in terms of managers.

To play off a quote from Walt Kelly and Pogo

We have met the enemy...and he is us!

Five-and-Dime shop or not, we must stop shooting ourselves in the foot before the season even starts.

9. Old_Bugger

Old_Bugger New Member

RE: Re: RE: Fulham - The dream lives on, but so do the tears

totally agree, but you have to understand that we have not had that steady hand on the tiller thats been needed.... and we have now,for the first time in a long time we have a very canny operater as a manger,just the person to do what you rightly state we need to do as a club to grow.
    MAF pulled a master stroke off bringing Roy to our club-nobody in football saw this coming.This is going to be such an intresting close season,they will be a few players coming in nobody will have heard off- a bit like what Sven did at Man city and i'll put my head on the block here, under Roy I think we should be looking to finnish 12th thats how much differnce he will make and then we grow from there-from little acons do mighty oaks grow,but we have to give the guy time,just keep the faith brothers and sisters. and sorry for the ramble