FULHAM @t Newcastle [R]

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by americanmike, Sep 1, 2006.

1. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

My line up:

Niemi

Liam -- Pearce -- Christanval -- Queudrue

Routledge -- Bouba -- Bullard -- Boa

McBride -- Helguson

2. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Mine:

------------------ Niemi -------------------

Liam -- Christenval -- Pearce -- Queudrue

------------------- Diop ---------------------

Routledge ----- Jimmy ----------- Boa Morte

------- Helguson ---------- McBadass -------

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I like your lineup, PCB [and Mike, since it's the same], but I'd still like to see Boca get at least a half hour on the pitch.

I also like our chances. We've had almost no absences for international duty, and Newcastle has had a lot of traffic in and out in the last couple days.

My forecast 1-1 [Routledge cross, McBride header down, Boa buries it!]

4. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Yes, I'd be happy with 1-1. Boca could start/sub-in for Pearce or CHristenval, and I think he may get the opportunity in this match, especially since Newcastle has a pacey front, which we know Pearce has trouble with. Also, while I am excited to se Routledge, it is still possible that Cookie will ease him in and Brown may start at the RW position. Regardless, if we do manage to pull out victory up north, we'll be dancing in the streets!

5. kwdawson

kwdawson New Member

------------------ Niemi -------------------

------------------- Diop ---------------------

Routledge ----- Bullard ----------- Boa Morte

------- Helguson ---------- McBride -------

2-1 to the good guys. :rock:

6. rumstove

rumstove New Member

isn't this game a week away yet? eh anyways, my lineup of choice:

Superhero Niemi
    Rosenior, Knight, Christanval, Quuu
    Routledge, Papa Bouba Diop, Bullard, Boa
    John, McB

score: 63-102 with John getting 2 touchdowns, Bullard getting an eagle on hole 9, Boa Morte hits a 3-run homerun, and Rosenior will get a half century.

Whatever happened to Simon Elliott? Is he currently injured? If I remember correctly he wasn't terrible...maybe he could gave a go.

7. jmh

jmh New Member

I can't seem to find anything in writing about it on the club website, but Elliott is recovering from an injury.

8. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Thanks, Rum; best laugh I've had all day -- and sorely needed.

Read on Soccernet that we might not see Routledge starting too soon. Hope I read that wrong.

9. americanmike

I'll be spending the weekend in Newcastle so if I do not return...just leave me. I'll be wearing my FulhamUSA t-shirt with pride.

I'll take a draw here and I really feel we can pull it off. I'm sticking with my line up and I am almost certain that Routledge will start...unless he isn't match fit but our ONLY other option is Radz. Brown will probably not be partaking.

10. richardhkirkando

richardhkirkando New Member

I heard Radzinski left on a stretcher during stopage time in the Canada-Jamaica friendly this week, though from an extremely unreliable source (some jerk on IRC). This isn't true is it?

11. mnlandshark

mnlandshark New Member

I want to see pictures of your black eye, or the big bruise on your butt, or whatever other damage the Newcastle folk do to you!

You're a brave man, Mike... I only hope we hear from you again!

A draw here is probably the best-case scenario... Newcastle is not the place to revive the "we can win on the road... really we can... someday" parade... wait for the derby with Tottenham or at Watford or somewhere where the odds-makers may like us a bit more.

I'd be happy with the point...

*and this proves that I can write posts on more than just politics

And this post proves I can

12. NJGlen

NJGlen New Member

I know this will be dreadfully unopular but in the interests of earning a point I'll take 4-5-1.

-------------------- Niemi -------------------

Routledge ---- Diop-----Brown-----Jimmy ------ Boa Morte

-------------------- Helguson ----------

13. americanmike

Actually, I was more concerned with the fact that Newcastle is quite the party town and since all of the guys are heading up, things could get ugly. :banana:

14. jmh

jmh New Member

So you're saying I should've visited Newcastle rather than London? :?:

15. americanmike

Hey man!!
    Definitely not! Newcastle is good for a day or two but outside of that, London should take precedence, no doubt.

I was very happy that you got to see a win when we played Sheffield.

16. Alex

Alex New Member

I would think Cookie would stick with Brown if Routledge isn't available. It's still yet to be seen what formation Fulham will play away from home. If it's a 4-4-2, then I think we'd be seeing McBride and John again. To be honest, though, if Routledge can't play, then I'd see this as the best formation (there's no way that Cookie will play this):

Niemi
    Pearce, Christanval, Bocanegra- Rosenior & Queudrue as wing backs
    Bullard, Diop, Brown
    McBride, Boa Morte

I think we'd actually be better off against a team like Newcastle playing Boa Morte up front. Everyone talks about John's pace, but I've never seen him use it...
    We're likely to see Brown on the right again, unless Routledge can play, so we're probably looking at the same team that beat Sheffield United, perhaps with Wayne replacing Brown.

Remember that this is only Fulham's second away game so far. We got beaten 5-1 in the first, and although Man Utd were brilliant that day, and have a 100% start to the season, I'm just wondering now, could our away form this year might be even worse than last year? We'll find out on Saturday.

17. RDG

RDG Member

Newcastle - FFC -- NYC Meet-up??

Ok, I realize this is on tape delay at 3:30pm on Sentanta. If anyone would like to join me and sfm, we should be meeting up at a place in Woodside, Queens (I know, I know, off the end of the world!) called The Cuckoo's Nest (6104 Woodside Ave., Woodside, NY 11377-3543 (718) 426-5684). It is located about two blocks away from the Woodside station for both the LIRR and the #7 line; the Q32 bus, which starts at Penn Station, also stops nearby. It is an Irish bar that is large, does food, has comfy chairs and plenty of TV sets, and does show Sentanta.

If all goes poorly, there are a number of other places to go to, including a Celtic supporters' pub and several places to get British and Irish chocolates, so we can gorge ourselves with sugar as well as alcohol.

18. fulhamluke

fulhamluke New Member

fulham 3 - 0 newcastle

is anyone in nyc going to see the taped replay at a pub someplace? i think it's being re-run at 3.30 or so.....perfect to see the 3-0 win, (collins 2, ameobi o.g.)

luke

19. SCFulhamFan

SCFulhamFan Active Member

Re: fulham 3 - 0 newcastle

Haha! Nice Luke. Good call.

20. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

I'm conflicted. I like the notion of playing 4-5-1 to ekk out a point but I kind of think Newcastle might beat us at that game. I'll go a little bit on the risky side. I think Christanval and Diop can clog up the middle yet help distribute the ball. Speed on the wings and the target forward BMB with speedy Runstrom. I'm going for three points, no more of this tentative stuff which nearly cost us dearly with Bolton.

----------Nemi
    ---Liam------Boca----Q
    ---Christanval----Diop---
    Rutledge--------------Boa
    ------------JimmyB------
    -----McBride----Runstrom

Shame is I'm going to Toronto for a wedding and won't be able to see the game yet again. Even if I could sneak away from festivities, Canada doesn’t have Sententa and the channels, which show the prem up there aren't carrying the game. Yet another week passes and I've yet to see Fulham play, this really really sucks :roll: