Fulham Sky Shows

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by americanmike, Feb 25, 2006.

1. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

For those who watched them, what did you think?

2. DCDave

DCDave Member

I really enjoyed them. They are well done. In reality, they are similar to other team-produced shows, the the one the Detroit Tigers do on Fox Sports Detroit. However, I never watch that one while I like the Fulham Sky show.

Why? Because we don't get that much info on Fulham football from the press. Part of it is being here in the States. But, part of it is that since teams don't have a monopoly on a large geographic area, like they do here, there is not as much press coverage of Fulham than there is of the Tigers.

For example, if I want Tiger news, I can go to the Detroit Free Press web site, the Detroit News web site, the web sites of a couple of other Michigan papers, as well as the official site. The London papers aren't going to have 3-4 articles a day on any football team, even Chelsea, when there are 11 teams in town (and most of the papers are national, not local). Also, the British press style is to focus on more gossipy stuff than papers in the States (at least papers not owned by Rupert Murdoch), which I feel focus more on substance.

OK, that's a lot of rambling...but that's why I like the Fulham Sky shows.

3. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

I also enjoyed the shows very much and thought they were well put together. No other prem team has a show like it (although the big two/three have their own channel) and I think it was a great move by Fulham to produce it even though it is part commercial.

I even showed it to three of my nephews and they were all excited because they have never seen their favorite players (Volz, Boa and Radz) up close. So they gave me the, "Cool! So thats what he looks like!"

4. andyns

andyns New Member

I expected more to be honest. For me, they just came across as commercials for the club. I don't need to know that there are tickets available for our upcoming matches every 5 minutes. As good as the interviews were, you can get those on FulhamTV. The only thing I have liked so far was the interview with Gentleman Jim.