Fulham Long Beach

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by drjamesincandenza, Dec 20, 2011.

1. drjamesincandenza

drjamesincandenza New Member

Every team I've ever coached (about 14 of them, from u8B to u16B) wanted to be called "United", "Arsenal", or some other top flight team. As US Fulham supporter, you get used to this, or the response "who?". I decided that I needed to focus on my PhD after this fall season, so I decided I would take the reins for once and name my team what I wanted to. Thus I introduce you to AYSO 177's u14 Fulham Long Beach:
    [​IMG]
    LB-Fulham-team by drjamesincandenza, on Flickr

It just warms my heart to see 12 kids with Fulham kits. (I paid <$100 for all the kits total on ebay).

Predictably, given our namesake. we finished upper-mid table (5th of 12 teams) with a sturdy defense but not a lot of goal scoring. Eerie, that is.

2. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

That is one goodlooking team! Congrats coach and welcome to the new site.

3. CarolinaTim

CarolinaTim New Member

Good job Coach, there are few things on this earth more rewarding than turning a group of boys or girls into a futbol team...

4. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

How great looking is that? Awesome Doc!! How many of the kids were aware that Fulham was the club team of Clint Dempsey?

5. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

Love the pic, and love your shirt with the manager initials on it, just like the big boys! Well done, Doc! Carry on!

6. SoCalJoe

I would have to imagine that the folks over at Fultime magazine might be interested in publishing a pic of a youth team in California.

7. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Is Dr. James' post perhaps the greatest ever on FulhamUSA? I'm not sure I can recall one better.

Welcome Dr.James and thanks so much for sharing the picture and story of Fulham Long Beach. I sincerely hope you stick around and keep us up to date on the teams fortunes.

Heather, anyone think that picture belongs on home page? At least for a while?

8. SoCalJoe

Bump worthy, and Yes

9. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

If I get the ok from coach, I'll put it up.

10. drjamesincandenza

drjamesincandenza New Member

Absolutely. I'm glad this met with such positive regard. I'm thinking of sending a copy signed by the team to their namesakes in London, too, just to let them know it's not just the Arsenals and the Uniteds that have their fans stateside.

11. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

:banana-rock: Fulham Long Beach are now proudly displayed on the homepage.

12. jimsig

jimsig Active Member

That is so great, love it! it deserves another :banana-dance:

13. SCFulhamFan

SCFulhamFan Active Member

Great pic! Thanks for giving back to US Soccer. Maybe future Cottagers!