Fulham has been scouting Brek Shea

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by Clevelandmo, Oct 19, 2011.

1. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

According to this blog
    http://www.noshortcorners.com/2011/10/alright-enough-waiting.html

I would love his dimple face at Fulham. I think he would be a hit with the Fulham faithful provided of course he could contribute to the team. Duff is getting on so I think Shea might be a smart replacement. But with the other rumored teams how likely is it that Fulham could afford him. I expect MLS will try to get a pretty penny for him.

2. MisfitKid

MisfitKid New Member

Wow Mo, that's great news. I like the way he plays for such a young guy. I thought he and Clint linked up well.
    With that long list, probably slim & none.

Clint, you need to make a call to Brek and tell him of the wonders of Fulham... :mrgreen:

3. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

It's a long list, for sure, but I don't see any club on it having a big money advantage on Fulham. And he's certainly been a bright spot since Klinsi took over, one of the few. He seems to be making a positive difference for USMNT. Would love to see him in the whites! Come on, Mr. Chairman. Just do it!

4. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

A couple of years ago, it was reported that Roy was interested in Shea - surprised to see that WBA isn't on the list. I would love him at Fulham b/c I think he has the most upside of any Yank in quite sometime (keepers excluded). But with my gut feeling, he's probably headed to a "bigger" club than Fulham when he transfers this winter - and, oh yes, he will be a winter-window signing for some Euro club.

5. JPon87

JPon87 New Member

I think Fulham is a decent bet for Shea if he goes over to the BPL. I also don't see other clubs having a huge monetary advantage. One thing Fulham can offer that some bigger clubs can't is playing time! The most important thing for Brek if he moves away from MLS is that he keeps getting playing time. I feel like Fulham can offer more of that than other clubs, especially in the BPL

6. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

He's big, physical, fast, and has improved by leaps and bounds. He passes the eyeball test. The key will be his mental makeup. Can he deal with the fact that supporters of any English team will watch him play for only 5 minutes and declare him 'not good enough'? Can he deal with not playing very much initially and adapting to the Prem? Does he have the work ethic to keep knocking on the door and prove himself again and again (ala Clint) when managers change? I would love for him to come to Fulham, and not just because of a marketing standpoint, but because this kid could really turn into a good player.

7. VegasJustin

VegasJustin New Member

We would jump into the top 5 next year if Ruiz plays to his potential and Zamora and Dempsey stay. Who would stop a front 4 of Shea, Ruiz, Dempsey and Zamora and oh yeah we would have Dembele and AJ on the bench. Unfortunately we wont spend the money to get him.

8. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I would be a lot more at peace with my fellow Fulham supporters if we had exactly ZERO American players in the squad.

Having said that, I think Shea has great promise, and could very well become a starter in a top European league. Look for him to get a loan this winter.

9. nevzter

who could be blamed then? the danes? the north irish? :D

10. nevzter

11. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

Fulham very well may be tracking Shea, but I always found Greg Seltzer as the type that threw out a lot of names when it comes to these rumors and hopefully a couple stick.

Don't get me wrong, he is a lot more connected than me and others on here when it comes to these type of things. But he had everyone and their mother (possibly even HatterDon!) linked to AS Roma this summer and look how that panned out.

12. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Best of luck to Shea, I hope he goes somewhere where he'll get playing time and a good coach. This may or may not be Fulham. :?

13. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Yes, let's hope MLS doesnt try to get too much for him so that only a big club, where he wont play, will be able to afford him.