Fulham FC Vs. Everton [R]

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by americanmike, Mar 12, 2008.

1. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Probably the most important home game to date, it's not easy, by any means, but not unwinnable.

Come on Fulham, make my Sunday.

2. quickdraw

quickdraw New Member

I didn't even realize the game was Sunday this weekend. I was thinking I was going to have to miss it since I have a coaches meeting for the spring soccer season on Saturday. phew.

Two things I'd like to see ... as I say every week ... a 4-4-2 with McBride and Healy/Johnson up front. PLEASE Hodgie, please! It kills me to see him play so defensively as though we don't need to win every game and not just hold on for a bleedin' tie.

I'll be in the chatroom with the other non-setanta havin' folks.

Come on boys ... do me proud and make Howard look bad for just one game this season. No offense to him, but my allegiances to FFC outweigh other members of the USMNT.

3. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Re: RE: Fulham FC Vs. Everton [R]

Thanks QD, for this info -- I have a family commitment on Saturday and would have missed the game!

Dear Woy,

My name is Steve, and I am a Fulham fan in beautiful and sunny Cleveland Ohio. I wanted to write to you with my late Christmas wish list. It's March, so Santa is sipping mai tais on a tropical beach somewhere, so you are the next best thing.

All I want is 2 F***** STRIKERS ON SATURDAY!!! I am not partial to whom; play EJ, play Ironhead, play Healy, play Murphy even. OK, maybe not Healy, at least to start. But please, PLEASE, no 4-5-1. DO NOT wave the white flag (no pun intended) in that manner. Giving Chris Baird faulty directions to the pitch is also a good idea.

2-1 Whites

4. dave2d2

dave2d2 New Member

5. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Dave, there is no question on paper you're 100% correct. However, Everton just finished playing 120 minutes and then lost in pks (crashing out of the UEFA Cup). The Whites could not be catching them at a better time. Add that the game isn't at Goodisen, and there isn't a reason we can't play them this Sun. (Howard bailed them out of not tying v Sunderland this last match).

On top of the Toffees going Extra Time, a little good news w/Pompey taking care of Birmingham City.

6. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

7. bearzfan4lfe

bearzfan4lfe New Member

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Fulham FC Vs. Everton [R]

Dave...not funny

'Sir' Roy Hodgson will you please, please, please play a F'ing 4-4-2...sorry to use harsh letters

As I have been saying for the past...however many matches I would loooooove to see a lineup like such...

-------------------------Keller---------------------------

--Stalteri--Hangeland-------Hughes--Konchesky--
    -----------------------Andreasen----------------------

--Dempsey------------Bullard---------------Davies--

---------------------------------McGod-----------------
    -----------------Johnson--------------------------------

Bench: Niemi, Volz, Bocanegra, Murphy, Healy

Yes 'Sir' Roy Hodgson it is possible to have all three; McGod, Dempsey, and Johnson on the pitch at the same time, and hell it may even work out..so TRY IT!!!

I love this line-up...if it is ever used and doesn't work, you can kick me off the site Mike, but I doubt it would do any worse than our beloved 4-5-1...

COYWs!!!!!!!

8. FulhamWisconsin

FulhamWisconsin New Member

As far as lineups go, there's no need to discuss our defense, because it's goal scoring that we need to worry about. You See those Chelski b*stards winning 6-1... when was the last time Fulham scored thast many goals in a month? Jeez... anyways, I think it's time for team USA to step up -- McBride, EJ, and Dempsey are all capeable goal scorers, and Jimmy "Thank God for Jimmy" Bullard can be counted on to help as well. So if EJ finds his groove, and Clint decides to show some of his late season scoring form, I see no reason not to hope for 3 on Sunday. If I were optimistic, I'd say 4-1 to Fulham -- McBride with a 30' header, Dempsy 50', EJ with his opener in the 75th and one for Jimmy Bullard at 89' just on principle. But that isn't too likely, so I'll go with 1-0 Whites.

9. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Re: RE: Re: RE: Fulham FC Vs. Everton [R]

Dave, I am accepting nothing at this stage of the game. As someone's sig says, was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

10. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Dave, I love you like a brother, but FECK LOGIC; THIS IS LOVE WE'RE TALKING ABOUT HERE!!!

I'll be in the chatroom bright and early with my Volzy jersey on and listening to GJ.

We're gonna win this game [yes, yes, we're gonna win this game]
    We're gonna win this game [yes, yes, we're gonna win this game]
    We're gonna win -in -in -in -in -in this game!!!!
    ---- with apologies to John, Paul, George, and Ringo!

2-1 and you heard it here first!

11. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

this is Fulham's Battle of Trenton.

and its up to Woy to daringly cross the frozen Delaware, or sit pat in valley forge.

C'mon Woy, We're ready for battle!

12. bostoncottage

bostoncottage New Member

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Fulham FC Vs. Everton [R]

This makes sense to me. And just so we know we're not totally biased towards the Americans, the Brits on the FFC Facebook page tend to agree that this is the line up we should go with.

13. bearzfan4lfe

bearzfan4lfe New Member

Re: RE: Re: RE: Fulham FC Vs. Everton [R]

One of the greatest lines in American cinema history...Although I must inform you that the last time I heard that line was at game 3 of last year's NLDS between the Cubs and the Diamondbacks.

Cubs were down in the series 2-0 and we were all overly optimistic in the upper deck along the left field line when a nice man holding a giant stuffed snake from a carnival walked to his seat and proclaimed..."Why is everyone so quiet? It's not over! Was it over when the German's bombed Pearl Harbor?"

So based on my experience... :?

UP FULHAM!!!

14. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

15. bearzfan4lfe

bearzfan4lfe New Member

I would but nobody wants to hear me talk any more than I already do...

16. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

well, that's true enough :lol: but how about hearing from Clint, Jimmy B, Murphy, and MAF among others:

http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsA ... hites.aspx

check this out and, if any of the mods are watching, maybe we can get this on our front page!

17. dtwondough

dtwondough New Member

Wow HD, that gets me pumped up. I bet i watch that another 10 times before the game, heck maybe even 10 more this afternoon before I leave. COYW

18. bearzfan4lfe

bearzfan4lfe New Member

Not to take anything away from the great Fulham videos from Mike...but Don that video is awesome!!!

Perfect music, I love the players and the King speaking, I couldn't understand what Bullard said, I love the black and white look...gave me goosebumps and got me pumped.

The funny thing is you could tell they were struggling for highlights...funny, but not really...

COYW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

mcgod speaks!!!

20. dtwondough

dtwondough New Member

Bearz, i think they showed every goal from the season. Like you said, not really funny.