Fulham Fans Forum Tuesday 9/18 at 2:30 EDT

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by DCDave, Sep 18, 2007.

1. DCDave

DCDave Member

2. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Thanks Dave; It's still going on, impressed with Lawrie's confidence and vision of where he wants the team to go. To top it all when asked a question about why he chose FFC over the NI job he sited the movie Bull Durham and Crash Davis' "21 days in The Show", saying 'The Premiership is The Show' and he couldn't pass up the opportunity. Good stuff.

3. DCDave

DCDave Member

Thanks Joe for that comment; I only heard part of it and I missed that. FYI, they said at the end that it will be archived on the BBC London 94.9 web site by tomorrow morning. Here is the link to that web site: http://www.bbc.co.uk/london/radio .

One thing I heard that I found interesting is that they plan to increase the capacity of the Cottage to 30K, and at that point, they will be able to financially compete with all of the EPL clubs other than the top 4. They pointed out that is important since the Chairman has put lots of money into the club and that won't continue.

As a Fulham fan, I am happy to hear that because I don't want to be dependent on a benovlent Chairman who is happy to lost a lot of money on the club. I want the club's economic model to be substanable.

4. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

The replay is available on the official site. Well worth a listen, telling comments about Rosy