Fulham at Leeds United

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by jumpkutz, Dec 9, 2014.

1. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

An odyssey to West Yorkshire and an atmosphere that even Sir Alex Ferguson called one of the most intimidating in Europe, Elland Road, awaits our beloved Whites.
    What to expect?
    Again, no clue from me, except to say it appears to be a key junction of the long season. Change is in the air.
    A shellacking at home with subpar performances from previously reliable newcomers plus new faces either appearing or on the verge (Taggart, Hoogland, Kavanaugh). That plus the rumored recall of Messers. Kacaniklic and Tunnicliffe, and you have motivated players wanting to maintain their places.
    Don't know squat about Leeds, but we have to take care of our own business, namely, putting in competetive, energetic shifts. The good news is, our recent away form has been good. Let's hope that continues.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2014
    ScotthamUSA likes this.
  2. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Live at Leeds - COYW!

jumpkutz likes this.
  3. jumpkutz

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

We should win this, but if everyone is going to play like Watford did, we might not get another point all season.

I'm going for the draw -- maybe 5-5

5. sacffc

sacffc Well-Known Member

Why do I think we'll win this one? I Can't Explain. I suppose I could have asked a Fortune Teller. Hopefully Fulham will have a Substitute that will help ensure the victory. After the game the Fulham fans will be Shakin' All Over, while the Leeds players will have the Young Man Blues (not the Summertime Blues, wrong season).The trip to the game on the Magic Bus will surely be an Amazing Journey.

6. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

'It ain't about hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward, how much you can take and keep moving forward...That's how winning is done' - Rocky Balboa, Soothsayer

COYW!!!

ScotthamUSA likes this.
  7. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

Based on our 1-1-1 form for most of Kit's tenure, should be a draw.

Shame our rare tv match turned out to be a 5-0 tonking. Fortunately I'd seen the score & just deleted it from the dvr w/o watching it.

Not sure what it says when you resort to quoting Rocky 29...or whatever it was.

8. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

It says we just got shellacked at home, and a mid-table finish is the likely ceiling for this team given the start of the season.

You dare discount the wisdom of a 60-something steroid eating actor? For the record it was 6th installment, even though the 5th shouldn't count. What's next Matteo you going to tell me you don't like puppies and apple pie?

ScotthamUSA likes this.
  9. AggieMatt

I love puppies and apple pie....but my Rocky love only extends to 1-4.

SoCalJoe and encorespanish like this.
  10. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Nicely done, sir. I see Fulham Goin' Mobile on Leeds, with the result being 5:15.

And Ag, is that the Loch Ness? That's awesome.

11. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

I'm Shaking All Over having 38 year old Mr. Sweatpants as a Substitute in goal. I Can't Explain what Bettinelli was thinking last week, but we're stuck now with a guy Who's gotten Tattoo'ed with 17 goals in four matches. We'll need a Pinball Wizard to put the ball in the Leeds net enough to keep up with the goals he'll let in. Marek Rodak might say "I'm a Boy" but you turn 18 today kid and we might be better off with you in net.

12. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

What is it now, 94 caps? Kiraly isn't my first choice -- nor is he Kit's -- but he's not a joke out there either.

13. jumpkutz

14. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

If Kiraly isn't a joke, today is the day to prove it. Seven of his 17 goals came in games where we played mostly with 10 men and another 5 came from a match against Derby with our younger players starting, so maybe we can excuse him for those performances. No excuses today.

Anyone know what the story is with Parker being out of the lineup?
    UPDATE: Parker is sick.

15. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

While it sounded like there was some questionable goalkeeping, a clean sheet is a clean sheet, so I'll give Kiraly the respect of no longer referring to him by the pejorative name based on his goal keeping attire.

16. jumpkutz

As Mr. Hymel pointed out in the chat, we stood to advance from 20th to 14th today if results held, and they did. "Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell, no!" John Blutarsky

jimsig likes this.
  17. AggieMatt

Had Felix Magath been in charge of Pearl Harbor when the bombing began, we'd be speaking Japanese.

Good win though but while I appreciate the clean sheet, Kiraly is still Capt Sweatpants to me. He's going to need a few more before I buy him as anything more than a joke.

jumpkutz likes this.
  18. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

For those who are too cool to listen to Fulham via Gentleman Jim, you missed a vintage performance -- plus lots of fun and conversation [not to mention virtual alcohol consumption] in FulhamUSA.com's own chat room.

19. fulhamfred

fulhamfred New Member

Gentleman Jim in great form yes. Are you steaming the games?

20. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

Last edited: Dec 15, 2014