Free Stuff for Veterans

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by stlouisbrad, Nov 9, 2009.

1. stlouisbrad

stlouisbrad Well-Known Member

I know there are a few other vets who post here, so I thought I would pass along some free stuff going on in the coming week.

NOV 11: The Applebee's restaurant chain is treating Military personnel and veterans to free meals on Wed, Nov 11th.

http://www.applebees.com/vetsDay/default.aspx

NOV 06-11: Lowes - Lowe's Companies, Inc. will offer all active, reserve, honorably discharged retired military personnel and their immediate family members a 10% discount on in-store U.S. purchases made during the Veterans Day holiday Nov. 6 thru 11. The discount is available on in-stock and special order purchases up to $5,000. To qualify individuals must present a valid military ID or other proof of service. Excluded from the discount are sales via Lowes.co, previous sales, and purchases of services or gift cards. In addition to offering military discounts at specific times during the year

NOV 16: Golden Corral - The 2009 Military Appreciation Monday dinner will be held on Monday, 16 NOV from 1700 to 2100 in all Golden Corral Restaurants. The no cost "thank you" dinner is available to any person who has ever served in the United States Military. If you are a veteran, Retired, currently serving, in the National Guard or Reserves you are invited to participate in Golden Corral's Military Appreciation Monday dinner. Some form of ID indicating your service is required. For details refer to www.goldencorral.com/military .

HUGO SALUTES OUR VETERANS: A national program will provide 25,000 canes at no charge to veterans of the United States Armed Forces in need of mobility assistance to honor them for their incredible contributions to our country. The program "Hugo Salutes Our Veterans" will be launched Veterans Day, 11 NOV 09 and will provide Hugo Folding Canes at all Sam's Club locations nationwide, while supplies last. Sam's Club Membership is not required. Proof of U.S. military service may be required in order to be eligible. AMG Medical Inc., headquartered in Alpharetta, Georgia, first launched the Veterans program in 2007, giving away 5,000 canes. The program was to honor the parents and relatives of its employees who served in the U.S. military and to give back to those who graciously gave so much to America. This year, with the backing of Sam's Club, Procter and Gamble, Novartis, Wyeth, Johnson & Johnson, US Nutrition, First Quality, Schiff Nutrition and AMG Medical, the program has been greatly expanded.

The Hugo Folding Cane to be given out on Veterans Day, which retails for about $29.99, is a beautiful metallic blue with an ergonomic comfort grip handle, appropriate for both left and right handed users. Sturdy, functional and stylish, it has multiple height settings to comfortably meet the needs of most people. The Hugo Cane easily unfolds and locks into position for use. To store, the cane conveniently folds into four sections and also includes a handle safety strap for extra confidence. The cane can be viewed at www.hugosalutes.com.

Philip delBuey, Global President of AMG Medical Inc., said, "The Veterans have helped to secure the prosperity that many of us now enjoy. Were it not for the selfless service of our Vets, companies such as ours would probably not exist. All of us at AMG Medical want to celebrate our success with those who directly or indirectly made it possible. Our company mission is all about helping people stay active and connected to family, friends and the community." Christopher Scheer, Public Affairs Supervisor at the Department of Veterans Affairs said, "The Hugo Salutes our Veterans Program which is of an incredibly generous scale, is indicative of the appreciation and respect for our Veterans that both private citizens and corporations have. We deeply appreciate AMG Medical, Sam's Club and all the sponsors who support our Veterans." For additional information about The Hugo Salutes Our Veterans program, refer to www.hugosalutes.com

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

thanks, Brad. I think the missus and I might just have a free meal on Wednesday!

3. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Might? That's an order!

4. Clevelandmo

Might? That's an order!

5. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

I may partake as well

6. Clevelandmo

Where has the delete this post option gone?

Anyone else constantly getting Internal server error messages?

7. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Havent seen a problem with that. You must be logged in to see the 'boxed X', though.
    I was for a couple weeks up till a couple days ago. Now I dont and I'm surprised you do. Mikey knows of it. What browser do you use?

8. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

I was listening to a local sports talk show last night and the topic was Bengals and Kroger buying up the unsold seats for the Bengals/Ravens game, so as to lift the blackout...

Kroger gave away 500 pairs of tickets to military and veterans Amazingly there were a few calls and emails saying that 'the military gets too much free stuff'

9. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I'm not surprised, 'fog. Saddened, but not surprised.