Freddie Ljungberg to Sounders FC?!?!

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by IanHux, Oct 27, 2008.

1. IanHux

IanHux New Member

Apparently there is a good chance of this actually happening with an announcement on Tuesday. I think this is a great move. What about you? Good move or not?

2. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

I'd rather see Freddie Ljungberg to Fulham FC.

3. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

It's great if it happens but color me skeptical -- do you have any links?

4. stlouisbrad

stlouisbrad Well-Known Member

5. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

It would be great for Seattle, but then Freddie will get hurt and miss 2/3's of the season. The guy is on par w/Reyna in the health dept.

6. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Yeah, but he's a creative guy and the slower pace of the MLS game will help him. Of course, the artificial turf and the range of temps and altitudes will cancel some of that out. But, yeah; I think he's a quality addition to the MLS.

7. IanHux

IanHux New Member

GOALSeattle.com has some credible reports from the Swedish media and I just received an e-mail inviting me to be there when a new DP is being announced. All things point to Ljungberg in Seattle.

8. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Hey, that's great. This is the most impressive team in MLS, says I.

9. Jensers

Jensers New Member

I brought my wife over to the computer and told her Seattle is bringing in a new player... Then I showed her the results from a Ljungberg google image search.

We have our very own underwear model. Its the in-fashion thing to do if you are an aspiring MLS club - dont ya know.

10. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Any truth to the rumor he pulled a hamstring getting off the plane?? :roll:

11. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

According for Sky Sports News, he HAS signed and it's for 12.7m quid over two years!

Freddie ... Tony Adams ... all in all a good day for washed up gooners.

12. IanHux

IanHux New Member

Now that its official, I can only ask if he will be healthy. I certainly hope so. Right now I'm in love with the signings that the Sounders have made so far. I just hope that their not playing fantasy football. Overall, I'm overjoyed.

13. Jensers

Jensers New Member

ianhux -

I am excited that Seattle has decided to go out and get a decent squad for the first season, but I dont think Freddie was a great choice for a DP. Personally - I feel like the DP should be an out and out striker...

He will be solid - dont get me wrong...

I have brought this up and the feeling is that the French fella will be able to handle the goal scoring. I hope that is the case.

14. IanHux

IanHux New Member

I do believe Le Toux will be able to be a consistent goal scorer. His tally in the Open Cup has convinced me of that. That is to say that I do have my reservations about using up the DP slot. I have full confidence in the FO's decisions though (aside from the colors which could be a great deal better). They've impressed me a lot and so for now I'm trusting that they made the right decision about the DP they chose.

15. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

If he can stay healthy, Freddy will do well for the Sounders. He hasn't lost his brain or his touch; he has lost a little pace, but MLS doesn't play at EPL pace.

Best of luck with your guys, ianhux. I can't wait for their first match!