Fox Soccer Channel is Having a Laugh!!

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by ChicagoTom, Aug 14, 2007.

1. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

So, the details have finally come out about Fox Soccer Channel's Broadband program. They will showing Premiership matches throughout the season, including Fulham's match against Middlesbrough this Saturday via the Internet.

The catch is this.....to watch ONE game it costs $4.99. Who is going to pay $4.99 to watch a game that is likely produced horribly and will NOT be that great of quality? I won't. That is for sure.

The fact that Fox Soccer thinks people will pay that kind of money for a match is laughable. I could not believe that when I saw it this morning. What a joke!

http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/7107088

2. jmh

jmh New Member

I'd like to at least find out what the quality is like before I assume it's bad.

3. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

That's what MLSNet charges {per matchday, not game} and I dont think it's too bad. The {MLS} quality is MUCH higher on those than on P2P. It's about the same quality as YouTube Producer videos.

But they need a package.. eg. the WHOLE MLS season {only about half of games LIVE due to contractual blackouts, mainly HDNet} is only $25 for all games available.

The target audience numbers are high enough that this will work.

4. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Re: RE: Fox Soccer Channel is Having a Laugh!!

I could go for something like that, but I just think $4.99 is way too much for a Broadband game. I guess we will wait and see.

5. andyns

andyns New Member

RE: Re: RE: Fox Soccer Channel is Having a Laugh!!

The free streams that I get are fine. No problems at all. So yea, I would choose free over $4.99

6. bigwilly087

bigwilly087 New Member

'

The production will be the same as any other FSC match since they are simply using the TWI feed that is sent worldwide, only diff might be the introduction FSC does and maybe the halftime, but I'm not concerned about that at all as it doesn't affect any of the actual match

7. martin

martin New Member

RE: Re: Fox Soccer Channel is Having a Laugh!!

The info on that fsn page says it is $4.99 for a match on 12-hour delay. If it was live and the stream quality was good, maybe. But for a tape delayed match? No way!

8. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

I am ashamed to admit that I actually paid $15.00 to watch the Carling Cup match on PPV between Liverpool and Arsenal. Didn't exactly work out the way I wanted either... lose lose situation for me.

(Sigh...)

9. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

I regularly pay $25 to see England games PPV, so $5 to watch a Reading or Fulham game that I otherwise wouldn't see (on FSC) is worth it to me.

Of course, if they offer no games that AREN'T shown on FSC..what's the point?

10. andyns

andyns New Member

Re: RE: Re: Fox Soccer Channel is Having a Laugh!!

Are you a philanthropist? Watch for free.

11. jmh

jmh New Member

Re: RE: Re: Fox Soccer Channel is Having a Laugh!!

Ew, on a 12 hour delay? There went any chance of me giving them my money.

12. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

RE: Re: RE: Re: Fox Soccer Channel is Having a Laugh!!

andyns. Watch for free on a tiny sopcast screen with bad sound or watch, and DVR, the game on my large TV? That's worth $25 to me.

13. Lyle

Lyle New Member

Setanta broadband is so much better. You get the games they are showing live and they archive them so you can watch them afterwards whenever you want to.

You can also watch the games free here. Some just link you to sopcast, but Star Sports Romania/Hungary is free under WMP and it is a much better quality than Sopcast feeds. That's how I watched the Fulham game on Sunday. The only problem is they only show two games a day on the weekend and one game tomorrow (Reading v. Chelsea)

http://www.myp2p.eu/Matches/Match1.htm

14. andyns

andyns New Member

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Fox Soccer Channel is Having a Laugh!!

My feeds are excellent quality and in the past I have hooked it up to my TV and it looks and sounds great.

But if you got the money; spend it. I got student loans.

15. bigwilly087

bigwilly087 New Member

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Fox Soccer Channel is Having a Laugh

Do the sopcast feeds and the myp2p.eu feeds have english commentary most of the time?

16. andyns

andyns New Member

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Fox Soccer Channel is Having a L

Last year it was Chinese, this year I've got English everytime, and by that I mean English, not Americans. Although once it was Aussie guys which was funny.

17. jmh

jmh New Member

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Fox Soccer Channel is Having

So, contrary to what was mentioned in this thread, the "Next Fixture" panel on the left side says the 'Boro game will be shown live on Fox Soccer Broadband. Is that true? Certainly would be nice.

18. tibor

tibor New Member

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Fox Soccer Channel is Having a L

Yes sir (or ma'am). I've never seen a match in anything but English, but maybe I've just gotten lucky. Hopefully Friday morning sometime the listing is updated for the weekend. Sure some can say the screen is smallish etc, but man, watching the actual match is better than following a play by play on soccernet. Just my .01 pound.

19. jrose

jrose New Member

What the hell?

So I tried last nite and today to watch the Middlesbrough match on Fox Broadband...the damned Web site wouldn't let me access it. Anyone else had that problem? It was working fine two days ago.