Formula 1

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Fulham_Adam, Sep 23, 2005.

1. Fulham_Adam

Fulham_Adam New Member

Button will not be going to Williams and has been allowed to stay at BAR thank god- This is great news for both Button and BAR because Button can now stay in a fairly competitive car which is improving every race and next year should be up there with mclaren and Renault. It is good news for BAR because he is one of the best drivers around and he can get the best out of the car and I predict he will be a future world champion.

Fernando Alonso only needs a podium to secure the championship and the record of the youngest ever man to do so.
    He is a great driver but the key to his success is the reliability of the Renault. It isn't as fast as mclaren but you hardly ever see a Renault retiring from a race. They consistently get points unlike mclaren who can win one race and be on the verge of winning another but have an engine failure. Alonso will win the title.

However despite mclarens problems I still predict that they will win the constructors title- they are only 9 points behind Renault and I think that they will get a 1-2 this weekend.

Prediction-
    1- Raikonnen
    2- Montoya
    3- Alonso

2. rumstove

rumstove New Member

everytime mclaren are close to a 1-2 something goes wrong...look at pizza taking out JPM at spa (yeah i'm a JPM fan and have been since he his CART series days). i'm hoping kimi takes the win. after viewing the friday practice times i think ferrari and toyota may battle with alonso and fishy behind kimi. knowing JPM's luck he'll probably be taken out by a jordan or minardi while lapping them.

yeah it's a long shot and probably will not happen but:
    1. kimi
    2. barrichello
    3. trulli

i agree that alonso has the championship. i don't really care who wins it between kimi and fernando, but i wish the championship race would continue until the last race. and i too think mclaren will win the constructors.

Button paying 20million to get out of his contract and stay at BAR was quite funny, especially being that he wanted to leave BAR to return to williams earlier when he couldn't. overall it's good news for BAR...and mark webber. :)

And I must throw this in...what's up with Red Bull? Their first F1 season isn't even complete and now they bought a second team in Minardi? Personally I think they may be jumping the gun a bit. But this could bump American Scott Speed up to a race seat, even though he was already announced as Red Bull's test driver for next year, but that was before the Minardi purchase.

3. rumstove

rumstove New Member

damn, you were close on your predictions...flip-flop 1 and 2 and you got it. I really didn't think McLaren would pull off a 1-2 because something always seems to go wrong. too bad alonso clinched the drivers title. well, now for the contructors...McLaren lead by 2 i think now.

4. Fulham_Adam

Fulham_Adam New Member

My prediction went well- just wish I'd put money on a mclaren 1-2.
    2 points ahead with 2 races to go I believe and surely the only thing that can stop mclaren winning the constructors championship is themselves and the fact that they aren't very reliable. I can't see anyone beating them for speed.

5. ClevelandSimon

ClevelandSimon Member

RE: Re: Formula 1

www.a1gp.com is the new way to go. My bro in England saw the first race, and liked it a lot.

6. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

I like the idea... sorta the high/new tech answer to FFord?

US and Canada buffs might equate it to IROC.
    {Hope it doesnt suffer the same fate, going from Camaro to a Charger replica killed the race, for all practical interest in it... not likely in this set-up}

The Indy car jr series tried the same thing, using identical Buick 3.8 liter engines all prepared by the same shop. Then (I think) they went to Toyota engines.
    - - - - -
    [q]Traditionally, cars with high downforce create a large volume of 'dirty' air behind them - meaning that cars following and trying to pass lose downforce, become difficult to drive and therefore have to drop back. This often leads to processional racing with little passing. [/q]

Is the BEST declarative info I found in parsing through the PR speak. Are they REALLY so dismissive of the fan that they cant even describe what engine params change in "power-boost" mode?
    Thinking it must be cam-timing... surely nothing to do with throttle/fuel restrictors, that would be SO numpty!

BTW... the US team website is a freakin POS, Get some team members on it instead of trying to impress with your web-skills, US team!!

7. rumstove

rumstove New Member

The Japanese G.P. was a good one with Kimi winning and the Renaults taking p2 and p3. Too bad JPM crashed out early. But at least the good thing is that the contructors title is still up for grabs with Renault leading by 2 over McLaren.

Even though McLaren has the faster package, I have the feeling something will end up going wrong for McLaren and Renault will win the contructors title.