Foggy, please remove or relegate to anything goes board...

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by LBNo11, Jan 15, 2008.

1. LBNo11

LBNo11 Member

post no longer topical

2. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

RE: "Fulham Depression" Has Taken a Hold of Me

My allegiance is solid, although my sacrifices so far pale in comparison. Still, owning roughly 3 kits (including socks), training gear, a rain jacket, writing for this website, working with the founders of FUSA to create one of the top 10 most controversial sports writing events of 2007, and joining our brethren every match to watch, share, and commiserate, has fairly well sealed my fate along with our beloved Whites.

Come hell or Conference Division, I'm in.

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

LBno11, this is the real "loyalty check" -- not the one you posted several months ago. As my signature line over on the offal states, "I've got the Fulham disease. It isn't fatal, but it is terminal."

Drop a division or even two, you SW6ers don't lose this Texan that easily.

4. Jacob

Jacob New Member

I was once told, you don't choose the team. The team chooses you. I went to see a "Prem game" Ended up in the Hammersmith end and that was that. I will piss and moan and cry, but I'm here and not going anywhere. Hell, if we were relegated I would start making travel arrangements to see Fulham vs QPHA!

5. DawgTheDon

DawgTheDon New Member

I've supported FFC ever since my wife introduced me to the club back in the late 90's. I'm in it for the long haul. It's hard not to feel a bit depressed though.

Try being in my sports world for a moment. I love soccer, but I also enjoy watching many sports (which drives my wife a bit nuts).

Here are other teams I support:

Notre Dame (They forgot to play football there this year)

Chicago Bears (went from Super Bowl to not making the playoffs)

Chuck Liddell (favorite fighter, was on top of the world and then lost 2 fights in a row, including losing his title. Yeah, he's coming off a win but the 2 losses still sting)

USA Rugby (I don't even need to get into this)

Chicago Bulls (I can't even watch them anymore)

Maybe I just love getting hit in the face, who knows? I didn't mention USA Soccer, Chicago Fire or London Wasps, as they were my saving grace this past year.

6. nmancini04

nmancini04 New Member

Re: RE: "Fulham Depression" Has Taken a Hold of Me

Totally with you, Don. Anyone who would drop a team because it doesn't do well isn't a true fan.

7. general125

general125 New Member

RE: Re: RE: "Fulham Depression" Has Taken a Hold o

Last year was the first year I started to enjoy soccer. I chose Tottenham because I thought they would be good, and I knew if I didn't have an interest in a team I would quit watching. I noticed Fulham when they picked up Clint Dempsey. I started looking at the team and found out that Brian McBride was on the team. I like that the team is packed full of Americans, have a great pitch (love the cottage) and a good fan base. I've never been to Craven Cottage. I'd like to go one of these days, but that exchange rate is awful right now.

I've settled on Fulham as my English team. I may have to get Setanta in hopes that Fulham may be on their one Championship game a week, but I'm for the whites.

PS - My other teams are the Royals, Chiefs, TCU, and the University of Oklahoma. I'm loyal.

COYW!!

BTW-Great commentary Tom.