FFC watching.. PF silence on season

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by pettyfog, Sep 13, 2006.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

I signed up early last year for FulhamTV thus took some slings and arrows, but I got to see and hear what I needed to comment on team and performances. Notice I have been mute?!!!

I lost money on the deal, got no rebate and I was thinking Jenny would arrange for some credit against this season.

So much for that.. didnt even bother to ask when they switched media providers.

I'm further ticked by the changes in EPL NA providers and wondering, STILL, how to go about getting access!
    I hate TWarner didgital Cable package.. but also hate idea of Dish because I want to watch Columbus stations, like I get from cable now.

Is there ANY way I get access to EPL games/Setanta from DISH for $30 or less per month?

Maybe I'd be better off subscribing to Setanta Streaming?

Fado is TOO far away for me to go to watch regulary.. even though I can get there in an hour.

2. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Well, Dish Network does not offer Setanta so that is a no go already. As for the other Dish provider, DirecTV, I doubt you can get a package with Setanta for less than $30. Setanta alone is $15 a month.

As for your notion of wanting local Columbus channels, satellites offer local channels and on DirecTV they are free of charge. You get your basic ABC, NBC, ABC and some of the other locals you would normally get through your local cable provider.

Another option is called Globecast. In essence, this is an ala carte satellite provider where you sign up for the service and you can simply order one channel, in this case, Setanta. The only problem with this is the $200 or so you have to spend to buy the equipment and set it up. If you are tech savvy and can hook up a dish with no problems, this might be your way to go. The website is www.globecast.com.

Last, but not least, as others have talked about on this board, ITVN is available for those with high speed Internet. I believe you have to buy the box and hook it into your computer and you are then able to watch Setanta. I know there is currently a 30-day money back guarantee trial on this service and equipment so you might want to try that. Also, on World Soccer Daily, Monday-Friday Noon-2PM Central time, they are giving away ITVN boxes every day for the next two weeks. Tune in and try to win one. www.nickandsteven.com to listen LIVE.

I hope this helps Petty.

3. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

thanks.. it does help.

I'm pretty good at weaseling the best deal out of any provider.. I have 1.5 MB downstream DSL and pay 12.95 for it, plus ATT/SBC replaced my DSL modem/wireless router for free after my line probs which I had to troubleshoot myself.
    I do it by being extremely nice and sympathetic to their customer service difficulties, both technical and Call-Center,.. imagine that!

T-W Roadrunner, however, seems intractable at the moment.

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Hope you'll be able to get there for the Chelsea match. From other posts, it looks like you'll have several people to do name/face connections with. I love the idea of a couple of tables full of FulhAmericans hanging together, even if I'm not going to be near there.

5. Jux

Jux New Member

True. I don’t think Fado would know what to do if a group of Fulham fans showed up for one of the viewings! It would be nice to have a presence.

As for meeting other FulhAmericans, MrsJux and I catch-up with Petty at several Crew matches throughout the season. We’ve also had the pleasure of meeting TheOldGuy (and family at the Crew/Everton game this summer) and had a few beers with JReid before the US/Mexico WC Qualifier match last September. I always enjoy meeting members of this board.

Granted the mother of all meetings was the All Star game last year!

6. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

you guys are lucky. Hope to meet some of you guys face-to-face someday.

7. BC

BC New Member

Fado is a cool pub. I was at the hotel there for a meeting and stopped by for lunch. Fortunately, an EPL match was on (Man U v Newcastle). There were maybe 15 people there specifically watching the match. Hell, if I could, I'd drive over and join everyone!

8. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I'm in Houston for a board meeting and just came back from the hotel bar. Nice joint -- especially when someone else's picking up the tab -- and the evening was only marred by the one fitba jersey being worn -- Chelscum, wouldn't you know it. Makes a boy sick to KNOW he's a front runner who never heard of that part of London four years ago.

Nevermind. We have a gig in San Antonio on Saturday at a pub. I'll be in my McBride shirt and the missus will be in her Bocanegra shirt. At least there'll be two real fans there.

Peace out!