8. Croatia

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Holland

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Gotta feel for the Swiss....Nah, tell them to pick a side once in awhile. However, I figured they would draw so the no-handball call (first one was obvious, the second was a good no-call) cost me a point in the pool. I think the best Czech fans like PCB and myself can hope for is getting to the knockout stage. The team is in transition and no Rosicky really really hurts.

2. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

I disagree about Portugal. If Turkey had any quality going forward, they would've of gotten something out of the game. Ronaldo was largely invisible and Turkey did rather well defensively. After they scored, they took their foot off the pedal. If that happens against a Germany or Holland, they'd get beat by 2 or 3 goals.

Romania beats France. You heard it here first. Holland beats Italy. You heard that here first too.

3. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

I will stick by Czech, lucky or not. But that's just me. Yes, Swiss "played' more actively, but the Italians should have taught us all by now that that is not necessarily the deciding factor.

As SoCal pointed out, bleed the young,......now!

4. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

On another ancestral planet, "Deutschland, Deutschland, uber alles!"

5. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

with both goals scored by a Pole!

6. jmh

jmh New Member

Netherlands 3-0 Italy

OMG AWESOME :D

7. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

stunning. Are you sure that wasn't Ipswich out there in the blue shirts rather than Italy?

8. krhimself

krhimself New Member

Wow. Italy just got humbled, didn't they? The Netherlands looked better in every aspect of the game, and in truth, probably should have won by more than three goals.

It's just the first match of course, but Italy looked old and out of it.

9. jmh

jmh New Member

It was pointed out in the running BBC commentary that Italy is the oldest team in the HISTORY of the European Championships, and that's without 34-year-old Cannavaro.

10. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Now that Holland has convincingly beat the World Cup Champions, they can now proceed to drawing with France and losing to Romania.

And of course, Italy will proceed to beat both of those teams.

It is just how our soccer universe is.

11. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

I knew that both Italy and France are shit. It didn't take a rocket scientist to know that the age would catch up to both teams. I said the Dutch and the Romanians will make it through and I'm sticking by it.

12. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Yes, it was only a friendly, but the US losing to Spain 0-1 is looking a whole helluva alot better now that David Villa as scored a hat trick in their rout of Russia.

13. jmh

jmh New Member

I wonder whether Hiddink is at least somewhat rethinking his decision to axe Smertin from the national team after that whomping.

14. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

yeah, but 15 internationals without a goal? What a piece of crap Torres is. And don't give me that nonsense about his forward running opening up space for Villa, or that he softened up the Russian defense with his quickness, or even that he set up Villa's first goal, THE PURPOSE OF A STRIKER IS TO SCORE. He had to have a chance or two in each of those matches. Torres MUST be benched -- NOW!!!!!! :3d laughing:

15. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Ibrahimovic must sit also...........wait, he just scored. 1st time in 14 International appearances. I guess he just barely makes it into the starting line-up.

Very nice pass by King Henrik on the 2nd goal for Sweden.

16. jmh

jmh New Member

I'm assuming you're being facetious about Torres being crap, right? Because that sounds like the exact same stuff people are saying about Eddie Johnson in complete seriousness.

And don't look now, but Sweden (with whom the USMNT has split home-and-home friendlies over the past year) appears to be in a strong position to move out of their group. I don't like to make too much of friendlies, but in light of recent results, the wins against Sweden and Poland and the close loss to Spain really don't look so bad.

17. jmh

jmh New Member

False.

King Henrik:
    [​IMG]

Not King Henrik:
    [​IMG]

:D

18. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

but of course, Josh. It's that perspective thing.

Oh, and since none of you were alive when I was playing, let me call your attention to Ibrahimovic's goal against Greece. That is exactly how I never scored a goal of that quality time after time in all the years I played. :lol:

WOW! :shock:

[Now, Sweden's second goal; I know I got at least a couple that looked almost that beautiful!] :banana:

19. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

jmh, I feel so dirty. And confused.

20. jmh

jmh New Member

I know what you mean. Posting that picture of Henrik Larsson made me feel dirty too.