1. krhimself

krhimself New Member

Croatia 2 - 0 England :lol:

Once again, the Three Lions managed to make themselves look as poor as they possibly could. The 3-5-2 formation that McClaren talked up all week ended up being more of a 5-3-2 (with Neville and Cashley Cole as wing-backs), but no matter, they never looked like a unit out there. Shrek Rooney was nowhere to be found, as was the Robot Man (Crouch). All I can say is that I wouldn't want to be the manager right now.

And what can I say about the own goal between Neville and Paul Robinson? This picture really says it all:

[​IMG]

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Tough times for them for sure, especially since, the last time I looked both NI and Wales were leading, and even the Irish Republic was level.

Should be lots of fun watching Sky Sports News!

3. fulham_local_21

fulham_local_21 New Member

McClaren is a rubbish manager! martin o'niel would have been better!, he was shit with boro' and he is shit with england!! i give up on england these days they just bore me with there playing. now i concentrate on one team only ! FULHAM!!!!!

4. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

I watched this match and England were really poor. No real attack and no cohesion between the 5 midfielders and two strikers.

Croatia could've had a couple of more goals if it wasn't for Paul Robinson...these overpaid, overrated players have done nothing to help their so called manager.

Sky Sports is already going crazy and I can't wait to see the papers tomorrow!

5. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

Big congrads to Tom for his Polish teams win against Portugal!

6. rumstove

rumstove New Member

I was hoping for a Rep. of Ireland win. 0 W, 1 D, 2 L so far. not good.

7. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Thanks Spencer! I waited until tonight to watch it on Setanta. It was a long, hard wait not to check the score, but it was well worth it. Poland outplayed Portugal in every facet of the game. They definitely desrved the win and it puts them right back into the mix in Group A. POLSKA!!!

8. krhimself

krhimself New Member

The Irish press was all over Staunton after their side got owned by Cyprus (one of the weakest teams in Europe). Ireland managed a draw out of the Czech Rep match, but I still don't see "Stan" lasting the entire qualifying campaign.

By the way, I still can't watch the footage of England's own goal without bursting into laughter. :3d funny:

9. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I will be watching the Poland-Belgium game tomorrow on one day tape-delay on Setanta. I am hoping for a win. Please, no one spoil it for me. I will be staying away from the soccer websites, other than FUSA, for the next day and a half.