ESPN Reporters; what a joke

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by HatterDon, Jul 30, 2006.

1. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

So there I was looking on ESPN News to find out what MLB trades were made today, and I caught the end of the Sports Reporters program -- you know, where each of them gets 30 seconds to pontificate. Well, the portlier of the two African American gentlemen devoted his dime to a court decision which ruled that pat-down searches at sporting events violated illegal search and seizure laws.

He was incensed! He went on about how horrified everyone would be if a bomb made it into a game with 50k fans, and on and on.

All sports reporters have the same basic problem: they don't pay to go to the game and sit with the rest of us. If this guy did, he'd know that pat down searches, bag searches, coat searches and purse searches have nothing to do with preventing terrorism. What they're doing, as all of us know who actually pay to watch, is looking for food that people try to bring into the ball park. THEY WOULDN'T RECOGNIZE A BOMB IF THEY SAW ONE UNLESS IT WAS DISGUISED AS A BAG OF PEANUTS.

Jeez, what's the matter with these geezers?

2. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

It was Jason Whitlock I bet from Kansas City and the guy has little useful to say in the Sports World. He subbed for Mike Wilbon last week on PTI and I rarely could make it through a show. Between Whitlock and Dan LeBatard, I could not handle it.

3. kwdawson

kwdawson New Member

They were also talking about steroids in cycling, and how they cant watch a sporting event were they have to question every athlete if he is on steroids. My question to them is isnt that what you do when you watch baseball?

4. Smokin'

Smokin' Administrator

Lebetard at least has some charisma... the "portlier african american gentleman" is a d*ck. Excuse me.

You have a point... Yankee stadium has caught me with a bottle of jack daniels, a half eaten pretzel, and a bottle of water... two of which had to be jettisoned in the garbage can next to the turnstile. The bottle of JD, Mike might have been there, god I dont remember, they let me step off line and guzzle the rest of it an nearly go blind.

BUT, they seem to let me in with my walkman, cell phone, and my mother and GF with purses. These things have a better chance of being a bomb...

Although if I were a terrorist, I would know now that I cant bring in my C-4 pretzel.