End of the line for Ronaldo

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by krhimself, Feb 13, 2008.

1. krhimself

krhimself New Member

Ronaldo suffers career-threatening injury

Though this could easily be a career-ender for Ronaldo, considering his history with major injuries and his age. If this is really the end of his career, then it's the very worst way for him to go.

A very, VERY classy player on his day, but he went through a fair share of problems fitness-wise. Just imagine what his career would have been like had he not suffered a single major injury.

So it is on this note that we bid (a possible) farewell to a football legend.

2. BarryP

BarryP New Member

Isn't this the same injury that happened to McBride?

I was watching the game last night and he went down just minutes after entering.

3. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

As I understood it, Ironhead only had muscle and tendon damage, and it looks like Ronaldo tore a ligament, another ball game entirely. Unfortunately, it ahs to be said that Ronaldo is carrying some extra weight, and that will have to factor into his rehab, as well as his age. I think it's the end of the line for him, sorry to say.

4. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

With today's surgical expertise there almost isn't any injury you can't come back from. That being said it comes down to the player and how much rehab they want to put up with. Even at his peak Ronaldo was not exactly considered the perfect picture of fitness. He has accomplished just about everything a football player can. Would he be willing to go through the grind of a major rehab? I can certainly see him ride off into the sunset, lay on a beach somewhere, and eat and drink his way to an extra 40 pounds.

One scenario that I wouldn't be shocked about either...2 years from now, NY Red Bulls in their brand new stadium, Jozy off to ply his trade in Europe, an offer that he can't refuse....

5. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Exactly what I was going to suggest SoCal. This may be the end of the line in Europe but there is always the MLS.

6. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Something funny I once heard about Ronaldo coming to MLS. He said that he would love to come and play in America. He said that he wants to play for the Miami team. :oops: This was well after the Miami team folded.

7. richardhkirkando

richardhkirkando New Member

Didn't Romario play for Miami in the USL for awhile? Maybe he wants to play there :lol:

8. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Hell, Ronaldo COULD buy a team for Miami, THEN play for it. Help if he had a Cuban tie-up though.

9. EricD

EricD New Member

My friend called me and told me to turn on FSC and guess who number 11 is on Miami FC. It was Romario. I was sort of depressed to see him at that level, but I think he was trying to obtain some goal scoring record. Apparently, Zinho was also on that Miami team.

Remember that Romario Bebeto combo in 1994?

I just saw in the paper that Romario just got cleared of the doping charge in Brasil - he said he was using a hair loss treatment that contained a "banned" substance.

10. krhimself

krhimself New Member

Ronaldo doped by PSV???

A pretty sensational claim by that doctor, but surely there must be an explanation for the devastating injuries he suffered throughout his career?