E:60 - Dempsey Spot

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by Jensers, Apr 21, 2010.

1. Jensers

Jensers New Member

Did anyone catch the Dempsey spot on E:60 last night on ESPN. I missed it and would like to hear about it.

2. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

I was looking for a replay but can't find one. I'll look again later and will post that or a link to the piece if I find it. So far, can only find the 1:22 min preview on ESPN.

3. Jensers

Jensers New Member

Me too. I have not had a chance to look for the full episode on the net - so if you find anything that would be great.

4. FulhamDC

FulhamDC Active Member

I have it on my DVR. It's the last of 4 pieces on the show, taking up the final 15 minutes. It's a very nice personal piece, focusing mostly on growing up poor in Texas, the sacrifices his family made, and the death of his sister. There are clips from Tim Howard, about his importance to the USMNT and from Danny Murphy about his play in England. It does touch on the fact that it's always been his dream to play in England, and shows his great goal against Juventus. I thought it was really well done.

5. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

I got it also. Agree that it was well done, nothing new for people familiar with his story. Wished they could have gotten a quote from Roy. Good job from the interviewer (Jeremy Schaap) getting Clint to relax, something you don't see from Deuce to often when talking to reporters.

6. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

For those who missed it, the replay is Sunday at 5pm EST/4 pm CST on ESPN.

7. Jensers

Jensers New Member

Perfect! Thanks.