Diop issue: Hold or Sell?

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by pettyfog, Jan 21, 2007.

1. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

Re: Up to me?? Keep Diop.

Take a 2X4 to the back of his head and tell him to start playing!!!

2. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

RE: Re: Up to me?? Keep Diop.

Just to inject a little craziness into the last few hours of the window, from a fairly reliable source on TFI:

Update !! -- Steve B, Wednesday, January 31, 03:28:41pm
    We have today, at approx 1.30pm, made contact with Man Utd and asked about a straight swap deal involving Papa Bouba Diop for Wes Brown. I have not heard about what response we have got !!

I'd take him.

3. Jacob

Jacob New Member

Please oh please let that be true.

4. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

OT: Amazing the stick Steve B takes on T-F-I....

One of the only two fairly reliable sources on there and some gonad-free jerks take a pi$$ on him every chance they get.

Amazing they dont seem to understand you could be actually SITTING in the inner offices of any organization and still have things not come out the way they were looking.

5. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

RE: Up to me?? Keep Diop.

Insight:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wes_Brown

Questions:

How does a born and bred Mancunian (didn't know such a word existed) feel about playing in London?
    Could he handle the pressure of being considered by many as a savior?

6. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Yeah, Steve B does take a lot of crap on T-F-I and it is completely unwarranted. As for this straight swap, I would be in favor of it. Wes Brown has a history of injury problems, but he is still only 26 or 27 and has some years to play before he retires. When he is healthy, he is a good defender at either the center-half position or as a fullback on either side.

7. Jacob

Jacob New Member

When I go to bed tonight, I feel I will still be having nightmares of our leaky defense. What would United want with Diop anyways? I really don't see how he would fit into their style of play.

8. jmh

jmh New Member

Re: RE: Up to me?? Keep Diop.

I'm not 100% sure that this is the case, but possibly they'd be interested in him because of their failure to pick up Owen Hargreaves?

9. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

The Wes Brown Countdown

I like the way it sounds. And with just under 8 hours left before the window slams shut, I want to have some fun with this rumour.

Wes Brown should feel honoured to join us, and Diop could provide some much needed............... height to Man. U.'s midfield. (See, there's something Jacob.)

10. Jacob

Jacob New Member

Re: RE: Up to me?? Keep Diop.

Who knows, who knows.

They are in a frenzy on the BBC transfer page.

I found this one really funny:
    [/quote]

11. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

RE: Re: RE: Up to me?? Keep Diop.

Sheringham was probably just having a walk about London, and pulled his groin. So stopped in for treatment.

12. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

When a player's return to form is questionable and someone offers you good money for him....

It's not exactly four-footed comparison, but consider you had bought the car of your dreams and the first year you drove it, it met all your expectations, but then it broke down, and repeated trips to the mechanic failed to bring it back to its original performance... then someone offers you as much or more than you paid for it.

13. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Not sure that analogy has wheels.

14. Jacob

Jacob New Member

It would if someone were actually leaving. I really doubt Cookie is going to wheel and deal something today. He has been so busy this January already. Although, after our poor poor display at Crapfield United he may be going nuts right now. You never know.

15. jmh

jmh New Member

Oooh, I'd be very interested in Sheringham.

If it were still 1994, I mean.

16. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

That would be a horrible move. I believe it was probably a joke to get the Fulham supporters are angry and stuff. This will be another day in which there will be many rumours and no one coming our way. This always happens and Cookie never seems to be able to sign the player he wants.

17. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

Well Maloney is now off to Aston Villa so there goes our replacement for Boa. Why is it that Coleman has such a hard time signing players? I mean sure you miss out on some players, but he always seems to miss out on almost anybody he is linked with.

18. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I would guess this is because of weekly wage demands and the fact that Fulham is still considered a smaller club.

In Maloney's case I am sure he signed on to be with his former manager Martin O'Neil.

It would be nice to see Fulham get more of the players they are linked with. A center-half would have been nice during January, but it looks like it is not happening.

Regardless, I do not think we need slag Coleman off because of no signings the last day of January. He has done a nice job bringing Dempsey, Montella, Smertin and Davies in.

We as supporters always want more and more and but the reality of the situation is that we are not in the know-how of what goes on with transfers and the finer details of them.

Fulham and Coleman must continue to play well on the pitch and turn this team into a perennial top-ten team that will make it easier to attract players to come here. At present time, it is a relatively tough sell.

19. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

We should not be getting beat by teams like Aston Villa and the like. We are located in London which is one of the main reasons foreign players come to England. Aston Villa are no better than us and surely most of these players probably don't know Villa's history or West Ham and the like. We need to stop being cheap on wages and start splashing the cash. we will only bring in profits if we win and compete in Europe and the like not by being mid-table year after year. we are a smaller club compared to some teams in the Premiership, but if you offer the money players will want to join.

20. GaryBarnettFanClub

GaryBarnettFanClub New Member

Just because the media link us with someone, it doen't mean we have an interest. Sometimes we view and decide they are not for us. Sometimes it's just players agents trying to get a wage hike.